Old August 3rd 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Glass Mount Antenna

I have a dual band glass mount antennas but did not get info to install. I
have installed the antennas and it seems to work fine on 2m as far as SWR.
However, 450 SWR is very high and I am not sure what the small stub is to
do. Is it vert.,horiz.,up or down? I have NOT tried to tune with the cap in
the box as the SWR on 2 m is OK and not sure if it has anything to do with
450.
HELP
K5WOR

Old August 4th 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 15:30:00 -0500, "Richard"
wrote:

I have a dual band glass mount antennas but did not get info to install. I
have installed the antennas and it seems to work fine on 2m as far as SWR.
However, 450 SWR is very high and I am not sure what the small stub is to
do. Is it vert.,horiz.,up or down? I have NOT tried to tune with the cap in
the box as the SWR on 2 m is OK and not sure if it has anything to do with
450.
HELP
K5WOR

I presume by stub, you mean the single radial that comes as an
attachement to the feedpoint. First, it is probably anodized black -
scrape off the anodization. Second, twist the orientation for best
results. Third, run the feedline close to the chassis (sheet metal)
to decouple it.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old August 5th 08, 02:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

I have one in my truck and these antennas are tightly tunned for the amateur
bands. On mine there is
a tiny set screw to fine tune the coupler. As you mentioned, it was almost
dead on for 2m but off on
446 or 450 so I had to turn the screw and now it's fine.

The stub you mentioned is a counter poise for the stinger outside since
there is no true metal ground
with these.

glass mount antenna sapper Antenna 6 November 22nd 06 01:50 AM
glass-mount omnidirectional antenna? kevincw01 Homebrew 20 January 15th 06 09:29 AM
glass mount antenna question Dan Scanner 3 November 1st 03 04:40 PM
Antenna: Glass mount or ? Stix Equipment 10 September 21st 03 11:14 AM
Antenna: Glass mount or ? Stix Equipment 0 September 19th 03 09:49 PM