Old August 19th 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
DES DES is offline

Default Ham or CB Antenna?

On Aug 19, 1:00*pm, Bert Hyman wrote:
(DES) wrote :

On Aug 19, 9:24*am, (Geoffrey S. Mendelson)
wrote:
DES wrote:
OK, I'm gonna try and get a better picture for you guys, but it
won't be today because it's pouring down rain.

How about going up to the door and asking?

Geoff.

That isn't an option. I can't go into details in a public forum.. I
just need to know if the guy is broadcasting with a ham or CB radio,
and figured you guys could tell me from looking at the antenna.

Do you know the guy's name? You can see if there's a license issued to
him:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsS...rchLicense.jsp

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

Only his address, and the house is listed in a females name in public
records. Thanks for the link, I gonna see if I can find out his name.
Old August 19th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
DES DES is offline

wrote:
DES wrote:
OK, I'm gonna try and get a better picture for you guys, but it
won't be today because it's pouring down rain.

How about going up to the door and asking?

Geoff.

That isn't an option. I can't go into details in a public forum.. I
just need to know if the guy is broadcasting with a ham or CB radio,
and figured you guys could tell me from looking at the antenna.

Do you know the guy's name? You can see if there's a license issued to
him:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsS...rchLicense.jsp

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

Thank you, very much!

Since I didn't know his name, I just started clicking on all of the
names in my zip code, and his address popped up.

So, it is definitely a Ham.

Thanks for everyone's advice and help!
Old August 20th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Thank you, very much!

Since I didn't know his name, I just started clicking on all of the
names in my zip code, and his address popped up.

So, it is definitely a Ham.

Thanks for everyone's advice and help!

He could be a ham , but also operating on the CB at times. If you can hear
him comming in with a clear voice on your computer or sterio speakers, he is
probably operating AM and not in single side band. If you got his name and
call leters off the FCC data base, you should hear him give the call leters
atleast once every 10 minuits. If you do not hear them,but he uses one of
the made up names, he could be operating out of the ham bands and on the CB
with too much power. This is not legal.

As pointed out , many computer speakers and other home items are not
resistant to radio transmitters. It is up to you and the maker of the
speaker, or other devices to correct this problem. If he is operating with
illeagle power or out of the ham bands then it is his problem.

Old August 20th 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

"Wouff Hong" wrote in message
m...

He might be a licensee, but if he didn't pass a code test he's not a
real ham. Real hams had to pass a code test.

With that at the beginning of a post, do you want to rely on what follows?
You know the guy's just labeled himself a troublemaker.

Old August 21st 08, 07:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
Bob Bob is offline

"Wouff Hong" wrote in message
m...
DES wrote in
:

On Aug 19, 1:00 pm, Bert Hyman wrote:
(DES) wrote
innews:c512e8f3-07c3-481a-ab9d-5b1a11320a0

:

wrote:
DES wrote:
OK, I'm gonna try and get a better picture for you guys, but it
won't be today because it's pouring down rain.

How about going up to the door and asking?

Geoff.

That isn't an option. I can't go into details in a public forum.. I
just need to know if the guy is broadcasting with a ham or CB radio,
and figured you guys could tell me from looking at the antenna.

Do you know the guy's name? You can see if there's a license issued to
him:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsS...rchLicense.jsp

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

Thank you, very much!

the Rubber Duck. No
doubt you're gettin out! Ten-four Ten-four...."

If you hear something like that he's most likely a no-coder or a
nickel-licensee and you should definately turn his dumb ass in to
the FCC.

HTH

Wouff Hong

A feeeee! It's nice to be denouncer?