Old January 11th 09, 11:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Does NEC-2 model wires as solid or hollow?

On Jan 11, 5:05*pm, Richard Fry wrote:
On Jan 11, 4:39*pm, Richard Harrison wrote:

Richard (H) relies on books because it is more effective and efficient
than experiencing everything for himself.

A good observation.

How many modern research labs repeated the work that led to the
fundamental laws of physics in use today before they undertook the
design of new systems and products? *(Answer = Zero.)

Art Unwin: have you verified for yourself by mathematics and
experiment the "first principles" originating with the "masters" you
like to refer to here?

If not, why, by your posts do you expect others on r.r.a.a. to have
done so?

RF

Oh my you are retreating already! I gave up the mathematical aproach
as you know
in favor of the question are computer programs relistically based on
Maxwells laws
And we are basing what the books say versus what the computer programs
say.
So now we await for somebody else to be the patsy for the group
Old January 12th 09, 01:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Richard Harrison wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
"Has anyone ever measured a difference between aluminum tubing and a
solid rod at the end of an antenna?"

Unnecessary as the inside diameter of the tubing would have to be at
least 1/2-wavelength to admit significant RF energy.

Richard, it was a rhetorical question.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old January 12th 09, 03:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Art Unwin wrote:
[...]

Computer programs based on any fundamental law of nature must be based
on the underling mathematical principals. Computers only perform math
and logic operations. Everything else is BS.

Dave