Old January 15th 06, 09:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default Building a Solid Copper Ground Pipe {Tube} with an Solid Iron Core. - Also - Water Drilling a Solid Copper Pipe for a Ground Rod.

For One and All,

Building a Solid Copper Ground Pipe {Tube} with an Solid Iron Core.
[ Also - Water Drilling a Solid Copper Pipe for a Ground Rod. ]

Located and identify the placement of your Ground Rod.

Take a piece of Copper Pipe 8-10 Foot long.

Cut the Bottom Tip of the Copper Pipe at a 45 Degree Angle
-or- Cross-Cut the Bottom Tip about a Half Inch at 0*-180*
and 90*-270* and bend the four edges inward at an Angle
to form a Water {Cutting} Jet.

Near the Bottom about One Inch Drill a Through-and-Through
set of opposed 1/8" Holes; and then go up and Inch at 60*
and do the same; and next go up and Inch at 120* and do
the same again.

Use a common Water Hose Fitting on the Top End
of the Copper Pipe; with a Water Hose connected
to it; to Hydro-Drill the Copper Pipe into the Ground.
Turn-on-the-Water and start you Hydro-Drilling.

The Remove the common Water Hose Fitting from
the Top End of the Copper Pipe.

Note - Improving Ground Rod Conductivity :
Use a small funnel to pour a dry of wet Mixture
of : 1/2 Epsom Salt; and 1/4 Copper Sulfate and
1/4 common Iodized {Table} Salt down into the
Copper Pipe. About a Cup of two will do.
This will help the Ground Conductivity of your
Ground Rod.

* Magnesium Sulfate = Epsom Salt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epsom_salt
* Copper Sulfate = Copper Sulphate = Blue Vitriol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_sulfate
* Common Iodized {Table} Salt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iodized_salt
http://www.saltinstitute.org/37.html

Take a Piece of Re-Bar (Iron Construction Bar)
Stick the piece of Re-Bar inside the Copper Pipe (Tube)
as long as the Copper Pipe.

You now have a Ground Rod made-up-of-a :
Solid Copper Ground Pipe {Tube} with a Solid Iron Core.

FWIW - Of course there is always the Ready-Made
Plated Copper-on-Iron Ground Rods that can be found
in most Hardware Stores.

hope this helps - iane ~ RHF
Old January 15th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 06:52:57 -0800, wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:20:18 GMT, David wrote:

On 15 Jan 2006 01:54:39 -0800, "RHF"
wrote:

Solid Copper Ground Pipe {Tube}

.
. .
.

Pipe is solid or it's tube.

David,
I suggest you double check your assertion.

DXSavant

A tube is either solid or it's pipe.

My ''assertion'' (who talks like that?) is that if it's solid it's not
pipe, it's rodular.

Old January 15th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Solid Copper Ground Pipe {Tube}

.
. .
.

Pipe is solid or it's tube.

David,
I suggest you double check your assertion.

DXSavant

A tube is either solid or it's pipe.

My ''assertion'' (who talks like that?) is that if it's solid it's not
pipe, it's rodular.

David,
You are wrong. Suggest you check a few sources, easiest is the
dictionary and another would be the machinists handbook, or even go to
this website and see how the terminology is used within industry:
http://www.uspipe.com/Main/

As to your flip retorts, you should keep in mind the civil nature in
which I brought this to your attention without resorting to calling
you a "tard" or PlayinG with FunnY use of CapitaliZation: DaviD not
everyone is out to get you.

DXSavant
Old January 15th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Building a Solid Copper Ground Pipe {Tube} with an Solid IronC...

UGH,burry Tomahawk.Heap Wampum.Smoke um Peace Pipe.

Kemo Sabe,Lone Ranger.
cuhulin

Old January 16th 06, 07:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default (OT) : DaviD - I Am Not Trying To Confuse 'you' - That's 'your' Job !

DaviD - "it's rodular." - Rodular ?
Do You Mean : Round Metal Rod Stock ?
-or- a Round Metal Rod Blank ?

DaviD - a pipe, Is A Pipe. IS A PIPE ! :
a Hollow Cylinder some times called a Tube.

A Solid Copper Pipe refers to :
'a' Solid {The Nature of the Material} Copper
in the form of a Pipe. The Metal is All Copper
Material.

A PVC Pipe is made of a plastic "PVC" Material.

A Copper "Clad" Metal Pipe : Would be a Pipe made
of Metal Materials with a Outer Surface of Copper.

pipe are Pipe the World Around -and- anyway you
look at it the World is Round - since it is basically
a Sphere {Ball} "Globe" .

DaviD - Some people say - Pie Are Square ;-}
Then Again most people say - Cakes are Square
and Pies are Round )

DaviD - I Am Not Trying To Confuse 'you' - That's 'your' Job !

david - i am glad we had this little chat ~ RHF

Old January 16th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:09:50 -0800, wrote:

David,
You are wrong. Suggest you check a few sources, easiest is the
dictionary and another would be the machinists handbook, or even go to
this website and see how the terminology is used within industry:
http://www.uspipe.com/Main/

As to your flip retorts, you should keep in mind the civil nature in
which I brought this to your attention without resorting to calling
you a "tard" or PlayinG with FunnY use of CapitaliZation: DaviD not
everyone is out to get you.

DXSavant

2 : a long tube or hollow body for conducting a liquid, gas, or finely
divided solid or for structural purposes

Old January 16th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I have seen round cakes and square (that old saying thingy,You have to
be there to be square) cakes before,but I have never seen a square pie
before.
cuhulin

Old January 16th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Some pipes were made of clay and wood,long long ago.The Romans had pipes
made of lead and they got lead poisioning too.
cuhulin

Old January 17th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Building a Solid Copper Ground Pipe {Tube} with an Solid Iron...

If I want a copperized eight feet long iron/steel (whatever they are
made of) ground rod,there is a Home Depot store (and one or two or three
more Home Depot stores around here too) about seven tenths of a mile
from me on Robinson Road Ext where I can hop over there and buy one.Just
like the 37 year old blonde Bell South woman next door to me did.I own a
sledgehammer to pound it into the ground too.
cuhulin