Old February 21st 09, 07:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default vertical recomendations?

Im in the market for a vertical that will work 80-10 including WARC. Im
limited in space and would like one that doesnt need radials. I work both
cw and ssb, but prefer cw. I can go about as high as 30 feet with it. Can
anyone recomend something that theyve had good experience with or is there
an FAQ somewhere that would have some comparisons I could look at? Any help
is appreciated.
73,
Brian

Old February 21st 09, 09:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:50:10 -0600, "Brian Oakley"
wrote:

Im in the market for a vertical that will work 80-10 including WARC. Im
limited in space and would like one that doesnt need radials. I work both
cw and ssb, but prefer cw. I can go about as high as 30 feet with it. Can
anyone recomend something that theyve had good experience with or is there
an FAQ somewhere that would have some comparisons I could look at? Any help
is appreciated.
73,
Brian

Hi Brian,

Trim your sails for a vertical that goes from 20-10 and you might find
the performance you expect. You could sneak in 40, but 80 will arrive
only to spite your dreams.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old February 21st 09, 10:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Brian Oakley wrote:
... 80-10 including WARC, 30 feet, no radials.

If you can design one that works well, you can
become a very rich man.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
"Government 'help' to business is just as disastrous
Old February 22nd 09, 12:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Feb 21, 1:50�pm, "Brian Oakley" wrote:
Im in the market for a vertical that will work 80-10 including WARC. �Im
limited in space and would like one that doesnt need radials. �I work both
cw and ssb, but prefer cw. �I can go about as high as 30 feet with it. �Can
anyone recomend something that theyve had good experience with or is there
an FAQ somewhere that would have some comparisons I could look at? Any help
is appreciated.
73,
Brian

Brian, as others have suggested, you can't have all. You want
vertical, broadband, no radials, and 30'. Suggest you pick 1 or 2
favorite bands and go from there.

Gary N4AST
Old February 22nd 09, 02:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Brian Oakley wrote:
Im in the market for a vertical that will work 80-10 including WARC. Im
limited in space and would like one that doesnt need radials. I work
both cw and ssb, but prefer cw. I can go about as high as 30 feet with
it. Can anyone recomend something that theyve had good experience with
or is there an FAQ somewhere that would have some comparisons I could
look at? Any help is appreciated.
73,
Brian

That sounds like a GAP Titan DX to me. You'll have to pick either phone
or CW on 75/80. It won't do both.

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/315

http://www.gapantenna.com/titan.html

Old February 23rd 09, 02:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Like they said you cant have both, but if you can do 25 feet around
the antenna, then try a HF9V. At 29ft it is under your 30ft height.

Lay out about 16-32 radials of 25 feet under it in a circle and you
have a nice multi band performer. You still have to pick 75 or 80 on
it but with
a good tuner you can do most of 75/80 curve. I love mine and its in
a limited area behind my house.

Scotty W7PSK

Antenna Recomendations Skydog Scanner 0 June 4th 05 09:15 PM
Vertical antenna recomendations John Antenna 7 December 16th 04 04:38 AM
New CB recomendations Jeramy Ross CB 3 September 17th 04 05:32 PM
Recomendations for a VNA Bob Liesenfeld Homebrew 32 February 14th 04 08:23 PM
Recomendations for a VNA Bob Liesenfeld Homebrew 0 February 9th 04 11:44 PM