Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 20th 04, 10:15 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Default Isotron ??

If I'm treading old ground please excuse the post. Today at the local
hamfest I ran across a 20 meter Isotron that the seller touting. After
looking at its simplicity and hearing how great it was I couldn't resist
because it was only $10.00. So now that I have it, I'm curious as to the
theory behind it and how an 89 turn coil of No. 12 wire on a 3/4" piece of
PVC along with a 12" aluminum rod and a couple of aluminum plates can load
and dissipate 1000 watts. I've seen their ads for years and always thought
they were snake oil but at $10.00 I bit. Anyone really know the theory
behind these things?
tnx
Hank WD5JFR