Old July 27th 09, 03:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default MFJ 1782

Hello

I have bought an antenna in secondhand an antenna MFJ-1782. I have some
problems to obtain good results for the SWR .My antenna is in vertical
polarization. I use this antenna with a battery..

I have only a good SWR in the ten meter band ( 1.1) but when the
frequency degreases , the SWR increases very rapidly . On the 20 meter band
, the SWR is near 3-3.5 - The coax is H100.

I tried with differents lenghs of coax . ( 5 , 10, 15 meters)
and the result is the same.

I don't know what I must do.

I write you ( in bad English and excuse me) to say if you have a
solution to my problem.. I thank you in advance

73

Old July 27th 09, 04:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Jeannot wrote:
Hello

I have bought an antenna in secondhand an antenna MFJ-1782. I have some
problems to obtain good results for the SWR .My antenna is in vertical
polarization. I use this antenna with a battery..

I have only a good SWR in the ten meter band ( 1.1) but when the
frequency degreases , the SWR increases very rapidly . On the 20 meter band
, the SWR is near 3-3.5 - The coax is H100.

Start with:

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/suppor...uctid=MFJ-1782

You can download an English version of the manual. Hopefully that will help.
If you have trouble understanding the manual, you could ask here in your
native language and someone may be able to translate the parts you need, or
explain it in simple English that works for you.

If that does not help. MFJ has a technical support form you can fill in and
they will answer you by email. I had a question about a qrp rig I bought in
1995 and they are still selling a version of. I filled in the form and got
an email back the next day from the engineer who designed it.

You can also call them at 1-662-323-0549. Many people have Internet phones and
the call would be a few pennies a minute or free. If you don't a neighbor or
friend might.

Even if you don't feel comfortable speaking in English on the telephone,
they may be able to help you anyway, or find someone who speaks your
language. It's worth a try.

Geoff.

Old July 28th 09, 05:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Jeannot" wrote in message
Hello

I have bought an antenna in secondhand an antenna MFJ-1782. I have some
problems to obtain good results for the SWR .My antenna is in vertical
polarization. I use this antenna with a battery..

I have only a good SWR in the ten meter band ( 1.1) but when

the
frequency degreases , the SWR increases very rapidly . On the 20 meter

band
, the SWR is near 3-3.5 - The coax is H100.

I tried with differents lenghs of coax . ( 5 , 10, 15 meters)
and the result is the same.

I don't know what I must do.

I write you ( in bad English and excuse me) to say if you have

solution to my problem.. I thank you in advance

Your English is fine.

You did not say if pressing the tuning buttons on the Loop Controller is
making any change. The SWR should change and the UP or DOWN LEDs should
turn on. Could the polarity of the battery connection be incorrect? Could
the battery be too small or too weak to provide the needed current to move
the tuning motor?

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/man/pdf/MFJ-1782.pdf in English. I could not
find it in French.

I searched at google.com for

mfj 1782 francais

I found this:

Discussions - fr.rec.radio.amateur | Google Groupes
Langue : Français. Catégories du groupe : Région: Europe France
.... MFJ 1782. Bonjour à tous Je suis en train de mettre en service une
antenne MFJ 1782 ...
groups.google.fr/group/fr.rec.radio.amateur - Cached - Similar

Also for you, an MFJ dealer:
Generale Electronique Services Phone: (33)1-6441-7888
205 Rue de l'industrie BP46 Fax: (33)1-6063-2485
77542 Savigny-le-Temple Email:
Cedex, , France Website:
www.ges.fr

Bonne chance et 73,