Old September 27th 09, 04:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Aluminum as a ground system

"Ed" wrote in message
. 192.196...

If you're not convinced after reading the responses, turn on your
radio the next time a lightning storm is anywhere nearby -- or for
that matter, anywhere within skip propagation range. Then explain how
it is your radio is hearing DC.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

I think we're arguing semantics on this. I spoke in pure terms... there
is no argument that Lightning itself is a DC current. The fact that it

is
so short may bring the other RF issues to play, but that is not where my
thoughts were when speaking on the DC issue..

Ever hear that the lightning strike is an oscillating series of
cloud-ground-cloud-ground currents? Sounds not too much like DC.

Sal

Old September 28th 09, 07:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Richard Clark wrote:
On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 09:28:46 -0400, Michael Coslo
wrote:

lightning has MANY frequencies from DC to many MHz.

DC to daylight in fact. Well, light at least. 8^)

And all this radiation happens because of a severe lack of
equilibrium.

Art can't fool Mother Nature.

I once suffered a severe case of lack of equilibrium, probably related
to an adolescent experiment with ethanol containing liquids. It left a
lasting impression on me and I avoid the state with great prejudice.

But since I have regained my equilibrium, my friends say that I am
positively radiant! Perhaps our friend speaks sooth?

- 73 de Mike N3LI -
Old September 28th 09, 07:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 14:25:12 -0400, Michael Coslo
wrote:

Perhaps our friend speaks sooth?

All depends if sooth is an adjective or a noun.

The OED (a notably gay English dictionary) offers
"soothing, soft, smooth"

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old September 28th 09, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

Perhaps our friend speaks sooth?

All depends if sooth is an adjective or a noun.

The OED (a notably gay English dictionary) offers
"soothing, soft, smooth"

Well, fine, but I'm not sharing any hotel rooms...

- 73 de Mike N3LI -
Old September 28th 09, 09:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 14:34:38 -0400, Michael Coslo
wrote:
Perhaps our friend speaks sooth?

All depends if sooth is an adjective or a noun.

The OED (a notably gay English dictionary) offers
"soothing, soft, smooth"

Well, fine, but I'm not sharing any hotel rooms...

Not even the same Area Code.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

#4, #6 & #8 aluminum ground wire? John Smith Antenna 4 September 27th 07 06:10 PM
improvised ground system Jimmie D Antenna 6 August 12th 07 04:00 PM
Performance of a system of Ground Radials Reg Edwards Antenna 1 July 22nd 04 12:32 PM
water well ground system Richard Antenna 10 October 29th 03 07:46 AM
Ground system for a vertical antenna David J. Windisch Antenna 4 August 30th 03 04:39 PM