Old September 3rd 10, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Legitimate use of a Tazer gun

On Sep 3, 1:44*pm, John Smith wrote:
On 9/3/2010 11:38 AM, Ian Jackson wrote:

* ...

Unfortunately, reports of such incidents are eminently believable. In
the UK, the police are as trigger-happy as in the USA. They twice
tasered one guy sitting in a bus, because he failed to respond to them.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hot-diabetic-c...
Taser--thought-suicide-bomber.html

And it appears that it's not just in the UK!
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06...teic_tasering/

Ian,

I am not making light of the reality of bad judgment, and the seeming
explosion of it recently. *These situations and the efforts being
applied by our public servants, from the president on down, I follow
closely ... frequently in utter amazement.

I am just having a bit of fun, as I am sure you were and even Art is, in
his own way.

Regards,
JS

Heh Katie Curic showed the film clip on the evening news last night
and closed with the police chief had defended the officer for
following protocol
Old September 4th 10, 03:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default OFF TOPIC

On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 08:07:28 -0700, Art Unwin rearranged some electrons to
say:

On TV news last night they showed a video of a police officer talking to
a man resting on a sofa in his own home. His wife had called saying that
he had a heart attack and should go to hospital. The man refused to go
preferring to rest rather than go to hospital for treatment as he could
not afford it. The police officer then tazered him to make him go to
hospital! The chief of Police said that standard protocol had been
followed.
Only in America!!!!
I wonder if he is still married to the woman or he cancelled his
insurance policy?

And what does this have to do with amateur radio?
Old September 4th 10, 03:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 3, 12:54*pm, Art Unwin wrote:

No. I turned the "truth" into a "joke". The same as others did with my
antenna design where they turned it into a massive joke so that they
could apply judgement with a lazer for laughs and nothing being meant
to hurt me as a person.
Lets move on

It takes something funny to make a joke.

BTW, a police officer can not force anyone to go to
the hospital no matter what reason. If your silly story is
true, the officer has made himself and the dept. lawsuit
bait.
That guy could sue the pants off of him for assault, and
probably false arrest if he hauled him from the sofa.
Also, anyone that would tase someone that may have
had, or be having a heart attack should be fired just
for having a terminal case of the dumbass.
And if that tase caused further damage, just more to
sue for. It's enough to give Fracky a woody... :/

As far as your antenna designs, they are a joke.
And I'm being dead serious. Has nothing to do with
you as a person. Like Sgt. Friday, just the facts will
do here.
Ponder and answer this question if you feel brave.
Why would I want to use a dummy load on a stick
as an RF radiating device?

Old September 4th 10, 04:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 9/3/2010 7:05 PM, david wrote:

And what does this have to do with amateur radio?

Next question, please?
Old September 4th 10, 12:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Ian Jackson wrote:
I'm sure it was all done with the best intentions. What probably
happened was that the police officer suspected that the husband's heart
rhythms had gone all twitchy, and he needed to apply a spot of instant
defibrillation to save his life.

Yes, very clever. When you only have a tazer at hand it probably is
a good choice. Over here one finds special-purpose electroshock devices
in many public places, and police officers often carry one in their car,
but not on their belt. So he must have figured the tazer was better
than nothing in this case.

Old September 4th 10, 03:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 4, 6:59*am, Rob wrote:
Ian Jackson wrote:
I'm sure it was all done with the best intentions. What probably
happened was that the police officer suspected that the husband's heart
rhythms had gone all twitchy, and he needed to apply a spot of instant
defibrillation to save his life.

Yes, very clever. *When you only have a tazer at hand it probably is
a good choice. *Over here one finds special-purpose electroshock devices
in many public places, and police officers often carry one in their car,
but not on their belt. *So he must have figured the tazer was better
than nothing in this case.

See the video for yourself
abc.com
Old September 4th 10, 06:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sat, 4 Sep 2010 07:43:43 -0700 (PDT), Art Unwin
wrote:

See the video for yourself
abc.com

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 09:41:58 -0700 (PDT), Art Unwin
wrote:

Heh, this group is so full of negativety and poor judgement so I
thought that Katie Curic news story
yesterday should be jollied up a bit, so that instead of laughing at
others we should try being the recipient to see if our actions hurts
others.

Did Katie Couric leave CBS for ABC or is Art jollying up fact with
fiction again?