Old October 16th 10, 07:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

Default AIM4170 antenna analyzer -- updated presentation

If you're interested in the AIM4170 antenna analyzer, you might find my
updated presentation useful:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/aim4170.htm

I have no commercial interest in the analyzer -- I am just a very
satisfied user.

--
73
Ian, G3NRW
Old October 16th 10, 08:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

"Ian Wade G3NRW" wrote in message
If you're interested in the AIM4170 antenna analyzer, you might find my
updated presentation useful:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/aim4170.htm

I have no commercial interest in the analyzer -- I am just a very
satisfied user.

Good of you to post that Ian. I'm afraid I missed your lecture- one of
several "clashes" where interesting lectures happened at the same time. It
was almost a case of "toss a coin".

I hope you enjoyed the Convention, we (my XYL and myself) certainly did.

--
73
Brian G8OSN/W8OSN

Old October 16th 10, 10:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

On 16/10/2010 07:28, Ian Wade G3NRW wrote:
If you're interested in the AIM4170 antenna analyzer, you might find my
updated presentation useful:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/aim4170.htm

I have no commercial interest in the analyzer -- I am just a very
satisfied user.

One of our club members gave a presentation of this unit the club
recently and its a very impressive piece of kit.
Old November 9th 10, 07:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

Dear Group: Ian's announcement that he was making a presentation in
England, where license exam was also to take place, almost had me flying
over the pond. I had a G5 license long ago. We have all benefited by Ian
providing a copy of his "slides."

I was convinced to evaluate the AIM4170C and have found it to be delightful
and useful. We have a very fine HP instrument in the lab, but it is not
easy to use. We dare not turn it loose to be used by our smart, capable
students because of its complexity. The AIM4170C not only displays Z, but
has a mode of operation that one could teach in ten minutes to just about
anyone. The tricky bits are passed off to a general-purpose computer.

Of special interest to me - and distant from antennas - is the built-in
capability fully to characterize quartz crystals. I had been using a SG,
frequency-counter, and phase meter to gather the needed data and a good HP
calculator to calculate parameters. With the AIM4170C one just tells the
expected series resonant frequency.

I too have no commercial ties to this instrument.

73, Mac N8TT

--
J. McLaughlin; Michigan, USA
Home:

Old May 8th 11, 12:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

A further note about the 4170 series:
1. A unit now exists that extends the upper range well into UHF.
2. In the last few days, a free software revision transforms Z vs.
frequency into time vs. magnitude of Z. In other words, it displays as a
TDR would.

73, Mac N8TT

"Ian Wade G3NRW" wrote in message
If you're interested in the AIM4170 antenna analyzer, you might find my
updated presentation useful:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/aim4170.htm

I have no commercial interest in the analyzer -- I am just a very
satisfied user.

--
73
Ian, G3NRW

J. C. Mc Laughlin
Michigan U.S.A.
Home:

AIM4170 antenna analyzer presentations at the RSGB 2010 Convention Ian Wade G3NRW Antenna 0 July 6th 10 02:48 PM
antenna analyzer Rich Swap 9 July 8th 08 09:24 AM
Antenna analyzer- no MW? chris Antenna 6 February 8th 06 06:15 AM
FS MFJ 259 Antenna Analyzer Charlie Hugg Swap 1 September 5th 05 01:33 PM
WTB: Antenna Analyzer NA1A Swap 1 August 3rd 03 06:35 PM