Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 5th 04, 07:44 PM
JLB

Default Through-Glass Antenna/Ford Taurus

I have a 2000 model year Ford Taurus wagon, and am thinking about mounting a
through-glass antenna on one of the back side windows. Yes, I know---a roof
mount would work better, but I would have to get a hole punch and a divorce
lawyer to do it ;-)

Does anyone have any practical experience with this set up? Does the window
tinting cause any problems on 146 MHz or 440 MHz? There is a completely
dark (opaque) band around the edge of the window. Should this be avoided?

I have seen Taurus wagons with cell phone antennas on the back side windows,
and was wondering how it worked on the ham bands.

Jim
N8EE