Old February 10th 11, 09:27 AM
Junior Member

Default new antenna

I recently bought a great new antenna with 100 mile range radius.

mvoleski@ccf[.]org
Old February 10th 11, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:27:30 +0000, MikeV
wrote:

I recently bought a great new antenna with 100 mile range radius.

I presume "great" was meant to be ironic. Are you asking how to get a
refund? Simple antennas have ranges into the thousands of miles.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old February 10th 11, 09:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Feb 10, 3:27*am, MikeV wrote:
I recently bought a great new antenna with 100 mile range radius.

___________

Transmit, or receive?
Old February 11th 11, 01:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

On 2/10/2011 3:27 AM, MikeV wrote:
I recently bought a great new antenna with 100 mile range radius.

mvoleski@ccf[.]org

How does it know where to stop? Programmable photons?

tom
K0TAR
Old February 11th 11, 02:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 2/10/11 4:27 AM, MikeV wrote:
I recently bought a great new antenna with 100 mile range radius.

mvoleski@ccf[.]org

A 100-mile radius? HOLY ****, THAT'S A 200-MILE DIAMETER!

See what I did there? Doubled your range for you FOR FREE.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S *MORE*!

Did I say 200 miles? I must've been coming down from PCP when I did,
because I *really* meant THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY KILOMETRES! That's a
number that's 160% *larger* than 200!

Your numbers are now three-point-two times bigger than they were when
you started. No need to thank me; just take a shower and we'll call it
even.

- J.

Old February 11th 11, 03:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

On 2/10/2011 8:52 PM, John Harbl wrote:
On 2/10/11 4:27 AM, MikeV wrote:
I recently bought a great new antenna with 100 mile range radius.

mvoleski@ccf[.]org

A 100-mile radius? HOLY ****, THAT'S A 200-MILE DIAMETER!

See what I did there? Doubled your range for you FOR FREE.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S *MORE*!

Did I say 200 miles? I must've been coming down from PCP when I did,
because I *really* meant THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY KILOMETRES! That's a
number that's 160% *larger* than 200!

Your numbers are now three-point-two times bigger than they were when
you started. No need to thank me; just take a shower and we'll call it
even.

- J.

But wait, there's more! We forgot UP!

Space is just waiting for your misdirected signals!

Old February 11th 11, 04:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

--
MikeV

Wrong group. You want new.tv.antenna.roof

"Sal"
Old February 14th 11, 03:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Perhaps I could interest you in a Bridge I have for sale.

Irv VE6BP