Old March 1st 11, 03:10 AM
Member

Location: Tampa florida
Default Vertically Oriented Loop IN and Supported By A Tree!

All I have to support an antenna at my small Tampa location is one 45 foot tall oak tree that is fairly large in diameter. I plan to toss a rope over the top of the tree, and simply pull up some wire to make a loop. I will try and get the feed up as high as possible. I plan to use ladder line, and have a decent roller inductor tuner. The loops wires will be touching the tree branches. I don't know what modeling says about that, but this has worked for me before. Of course, I never ran high power into it either.
Ka7niq
http://www.saferoofcleaning.com