Old April 20th 04, 11:24 PM
Paul

Default Omni D

While I know this is an antenna forum I'm posting this anyway in hopes of a
response. I recently inherited a Ten-Tec Omni D without a mic. I'm wondering
what
might be the best mic to use with this radio? Tnx, and 73.

Paul K4CVR

---

Old April 21st 04, 01:52 PM
Paul

Tnx for the reply, Danny. Yes, their support is very good and generally a
pleasure to have dealings with. I just figured there was a pretty good user
base established for that rig and some folks had some favorites for mics. I
use an old TS 520S here with a modified D104 lollypop that works like a
champ but even though I know several people using the Heil mics on them, I
don't like the sound as well as the Astatic. By the same token, I've a KWM2a
here that sounds superb with the HHG mic by Heil. I suppose much of it is
personal preference after all, but if the Omni D is like any other radio I
know there are some landmines that would be best avoided and that's what I
was looking for.

73 and good DX!

Paul K4CVR

Dan Richardson @mendolink.com ChangeThisToCallSign wrote in message
TenTec's customer support is one of the best around. Why don't you
drop them an email with that question.

73
Danny, K6MHE

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old April 21st 04, 02:48 PM
Dan Richardson

Paul,

Very true. However, how it *sounds* is somewhat subjective as it
depends upon personal preferences. I have a TenTec Paragon that I am
using with an old Kenwood MC-50 microphone and have been satisfied,
but that is because no one has given me a poor report on my audio. G

Good luck,

Danny, K6MHE

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:52:14 GMT, "Paul" wrote:

Tnx for the reply, Danny. Yes, their support is very good and generally a
pleasure to have dealings with. I just figured there was a pretty good user
base established for that rig and some folks had some favorites for mics. I
use an old TS 520S here with a modified D104 lollypop that works like a
champ but even though I know several people using the Heil mics on them, I
don't like the sound as well as the Astatic. By the same token, I've a KWM2a
here that sounds superb with the HHG mic by Heil. I suppose much of it is
personal preference after all, but if the Omni D is like any other radio I
know there are some landmines that would be best avoided and that's what I
was looking for.

73 and good DX!

Paul K4CVR

.. .