Old August 5th 03, 03:34 AM
Alan Caplan

Default Need Vertical 32 feet self supporting

Looking for a vertical like I used in Navy Communications. Base insulator
and heavy walled tubing 32 feet high. Surplus fine.

Alan K4AVQ/ P40AV

Old August 5th 03, 03:56 AM
Crazy George

Shakespeare Model 120 antenna system
AT - 1011/U = MT-2525/U base, 1 - AT-1039/U, 1 - AT - 1040/U, 1 - AT -
1041/U, 1 - AT - 1042/U and 4 - AT - 1043/U.

http://www.shakespeare-military.com/
Or: Denny L. King, Military Products Manager, 800-800-9008

--
Crazy George
Remove NO and SPAM from return address

Old August 5th 03, 03:55 PM
Bob Miller

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 02:34:37 GMT, "Alan Caplan"
wrote:

Looking for a vertical like I used in Navy Communications. Base insulator
and heavy walled tubing 32 feet high. Surplus fine.

Alan K4AVQ/ P40AV

Try the web site for Surplus Sales of Nebraska; maybe give them a
call. I have one of their paper catalogs, about 2-3 years old. They
list a Collins vertical, 36' high, $149, part num. (ANT) AC-2811.

Bob
k5qwg

Old August 6th 03, 01:21 AM
Joe Strain

Go to Fair Radio and check out their military surplus too, and if anybody
can, check out this one and advise on it applicability for use with a ATS
909
http://www.fairradio.com/0mk-12.htm 12' MILITARY MAST KIT $59.95

Thanks
Yodar

================

Old August 7th 03, 06:55 PM
Tarmo Tammaru

"Tom Coates" wrote in message

Would 4 inch irrigation tubing be self-supporting at the 32-foot length?

Tom, N3IJ

Probably overkill. If he tops it off with an 8 foot mobile whip, he only
need to get to 24 feet. Three 10 foot lengths of telescoping Al tubing would
allow for enough overlap.

Tam/WB2TT

Old August 8th 03, 07:57 AM
Mark Keith

"Alan Caplan" wrote in message ...
Looking for a vertical like I used in Navy Communications. Base insulator
and heavy walled tubing 32 feet high. Surplus fine.

Alan K4AVQ/ P40AV

I made one from an old heavy duty 5/8 CB antenna, which by itself was
appx 19-20 ft tall. I then added inner wall tubing to the lower pieces
to make it stronger, and then added thinner tubing to extend to about
29-30 ft. The last piece to extend to 32 ft was a automotive whip with
a small ball on top. Worked well, and was totally self supporting. I
had it mounted at 36 ft at the base of the antenna.
MK