Old May 23rd 04, 02:59 PM
dada

J999w wrote:

4x4's?

Man, if you guy that thing, you could probably put a tribander on it !

:^]

jw
K9RZZ

Yeah... that's the kicker. I don't want to guy it.

Guy supportsa get in the way of stuff like moving the lawn, and I'd have
to situate the mast in a different location than I would want.

Thanks for the ideas.
73 joe
WB2JQT

Old May 23rd 04, 04:56 PM
Cecil Moore

dada wrote:

J999w wrote:
Man, if you guy that thing, you could probably put a tribander on it !

Yeah... that's the kicker. I don't want to guy it.

Use two of them at 90 degrees?

Old May 24th 04, 04:14 AM
dada

Cecil Moore wrote:

dada wrote:

J999w wrote:
Man, if you guy that thing, you could probably put a tribander on it !

Yeah... that's the kicker. I don't want to guy it.

Use two of them at 90 degrees?

Two guys ? or 2 supports ?

Thanks
Joe WB2JQT

Old May 24th 04, 05:21 AM
Cecil Moore

dada wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
Use two of them at 90 degrees?

Two guys ? or 2 supports ?

Two supports. Four 2x4's connected at the top and
bent outward at the bottom.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old May 24th 04, 05:30 AM
dada

Cecil Moore wrote:

dada wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
Use two of them at 90 degrees?

Two guys ? or 2 supports ?

Two supports. Four 2x4's connected at the top and
bent outward at the bottom.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Seems like it would be tough to make that tiltable.

Thanks.

Joe
WB2JQT

Old May 24th 04, 05:34 AM
Cecil Moore

dada wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
Two supports. Four 2x4's connected at the top and
bent outward at the bottom.

Seems like it would be tough to make that tiltable.

The upper half could be hinged. That's the way I designed
my present supports.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old May 24th 04, 08:26 AM
Roy Lewallen

I've had a 40+ foot version of the 2X4 Handbook A-frame up for about 25
years now. It can be walked up by one person with some difficulty,
easily by two. I made a 2X3 version about 35 feet high some time back.
It was up for around 10 years and still ok when I took it down. It was
easy for one person to walk up. But with 3 or so pulleys at the top of
each one, I didn't have to take them down except rarely.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

dada wrote: