Old May 26th 04, 03:50 AM
Cecil Moore

Jim Kelley wrote:
The IEEE Dictionary shows the relationship between energy passing a
point and the equivalent in units of power.

Feel free to look up "dictionary" in the dictionary.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old May 26th 04, 03:58 PM
Steve Nosko

"Jim Kelley" wrote in message
Cecil Moore wrote:

[snip]
When you view your reflection in a mirror, do you ignore the
ExB power involved without which you would see nothing?

I don't notice it until it the resulting chemical reaction takes place
on the retina of my eye. Until then, I can only imagine E crossing B,
and write the expression for it down on a piece of paper as it has no
physical manifestation.

73, Jim AC6XG

Yikes!. Do I read this as being equivalent to saying that there is no
vibration in the air when a tree falls as long as no person is there to have
these vibrations intercept the ear drum??

--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.

Old May 26th 04, 04:03 PM
Richard Harrison

Richard Fry wrote:
"To me, the threads about reflected power in this NG over the last few
days are rather revealing. Some posters quote Terman, Lord Kelvin and
others with inapplicable/incomplete statements---."

You are affgorded ample opportunity to specify the inapplicability or
omissions. The only mistake I know of in Terman`s 1955 edition is a typo
in one instance only where KHz is substituted for MHz or vice versa, and
I can`t find that one right now.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Old May 26th 04, 06:16 PM
Jim Kelley

Cecil Moore wrote:

Jim Kelley wrote:
Proving that reflections actually exist, and that when all you have is a
hammer, everything looks like a nail. Are you trying to prove
something, or disprove it with your ghost story? You're not generating
a clear picture. ;-)

Translation: You have just proven my concepts wrong so
I need a not-clear-picture diversion.

Cecil, my "concepts" about ghosting predict exactly the same thing as
your "concepts" about ghosting. That's why I asked you whether you were
trying to prove, or to disprove something. The 'clear picture' thing
was just a little pun - intended to inject some levity into this rather
dour exchange.

73, Jim AC6XG
Old May 26th 04, 10:36 PM
Cecil Moore

Jim Kelley wrote:
Cecil, my "concepts" about ghosting predict exactly the same thing as
your "concepts" about ghosting.

Jim, you remind me of my 94 year old aunt. She forgets
what she said yesterday but I love her anyway.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old May 26th 04, 10:47 PM
Jim Kelley

Cecil Moore wrote:

Jim Kelley wrote:
Cecil, my "concepts" about ghosting predict exactly the same thing as
your "concepts" about ghosting.

Jim, you remind me of my 94 year old aunt. She forgets
what she said yesterday but I love her anyway.

Dunno. I did try to forget what _you_ said the other day though. Call
it a fault if you like.

73, Jim AC6XG
Old May 27th 04, 04:46 PM
Cecil Moore

Steve Nosko wrote:

"Jim Kelley" wrote:
I don't notice it until it the resulting chemical reaction takes place
on the retina of my eye. Until then, I can only imagine E crossing B,
and write the expression for it down on a piece of paper as it has no
physical manifestation.

Yikes!. Do I read this as being equivalent to saying that there is no
vibration in the air when a tree falls as long as no person is there to have
these vibrations intercept the ear drum??

Jim is the only person in his own personal universe who is capable of
observing the collapse of a probability wave. :-) He doesn't realize
that probably waves collapse into exactly what one is trying to
measure. Got a hammer? - Would you believe? - Here comes a nail!
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old May 27th 04, 05:41 PM
Jim Kelley

Steve Nosko wrote:

"Jim Kelley" wrote in message
Cecil Moore wrote:

[snip]
When you view your reflection in a mirror, do you ignore the
ExB power involved without which you would see nothing?

I don't notice it until it the resulting chemical reaction takes place
on the retina of my eye. Until then, I can only imagine E crossing B,
and write the expression for it down on a piece of paper as it has no
physical manifestation.

73, Jim AC6XG

Yikes!. Do I read this as being equivalent to saying that there is no
vibration in the air when a tree falls as long as no person is there to have
these vibrations intercept the ear drum??

No. But I'd be glad to explain what I did write if you'd like to ask a
question about it.

73, Jim AC6XG
Old May 30th 04, 01:29 AM

On Tue, 25 May 2004 16:57:15 -0700, Jim Kelley
wrote:

Proving that reflections actually exist, and that when all you have is a
hammer, everything looks like a nail. Are you trying to prove
something, or disprove it with your ghost story? You're not generating
a clear picture. ;-)

Cecil's prior response does nothing to prove your overused,
childish hammer/nail aphorism. In any case it would only be true for
those sufficiently dim-witted as to see only a single use for a
hammer.