Old June 4th 04, 05:36 AM
B Ghostrider

OK ok
I went back and tested the antena again and heres what I got
138.000 mhz = swr of 2
140.00O mhz = 1.7
142.000 mhz = 1.8
144.000 mhz = 1.5
146.000 mhz = 1.2
148.000 mhz = 1.1
150.00 mhz =1.9
152.00 mhz = 2.5
154.000 mhz = 2.4
156.00 mhz = 2.5
n Wed, 02 Jun 2004 00:29:17 -0700, B Ghostrider
wrote:

I have a assortment of antenna that I can use for listening .The one
that I get the best Reception on is a 5/8 wave groundplane, feed with
RG-59. I put my MFJ antena analszer on it and and the SWR was nearly
flat all the way across (123 Mhz to 172 Mhz) this year I have things
set up o I can hook two scanners on to the one antena. One thing I
would advise, If you are gonig to cooper in your construction, give it
a coat of trimcald. I ended up doing some high level repairs to my
antena . The groundplane element had a a greenish ttimg to them after
on one year of being exposed to the elemts(weather).

On Mon, 31 May 2004 22:05:17 +0100, "Richard"
wrote:

Whenever I think about a simple VHF wideband omnidirectional vertical
antenna for my marine band listening, I'm always thinking folded dipole. I
think I've got folded dipole on the brain. But wait - isn't it better to
make J-pole. Constructionaly simpler I think, and you can feed with
unbalanced coax. Are J-poles wideband antennas? I want any antenna to cover
156-162 MHZ (6Mhz bandwidth) - RECEICE ONLY. Would a J-Pole do here,
bandwidth-wise?TIA.

Old June 4th 04, 11:23 AM
Ralph Mowery

"B Ghostrider" wrote in message
OK ok
I went back and tested the antena again and heres what I got
138.000 mhz = swr of 2
140.00O mhz = 1.7
142.000 mhz = 1.8
144.000 mhz = 1.5
146.000 mhz = 1.2
148.000 mhz = 1.1
150.00 mhz =1.9
152.00 mhz = 2.5
154.000 mhz = 2.4
156.00 mhz = 2.5

HOw many feet of the rg-59 coax is bwtween the antenna and where you
measured the swr ?
With about 75 to 100 feet of coax you will only see about 3:1 with an open
or shorted coax on the far end.

Old June 4th 04, 03:54 PM
B Ghostrider

no more than 15 feet
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 06:23:52 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"B Ghostrider" wrote in message
.. .
OK ok
I went back and tested the antena again and heres what I got
138.000 mhz = swr of 2
140.00O mhz = 1.7
142.000 mhz = 1.8
144.000 mhz = 1.5
146.000 mhz = 1.2
148.000 mhz = 1.1
150.00 mhz =1.9
152.00 mhz = 2.5
154.000 mhz = 2.4
156.00 mhz = 2.5

HOw many feet of the rg-59 coax is bwtween the antenna and where you
measured the swr ?
With about 75 to 100 feet of coax you will only see about 3:1 with an open
or shorted coax on the far end.

A newbie with a couple of questions. Donnie B Antenna 10 February 1st 04 06:49 PM
J Pole questions Mike Burch Antenna 8 November 26th 03 10:19 PM
2 meter tv twin (300ohm) J pole question 'Doc Antenna 2 July 18th 03 03:21 PM
6m J pole Barry Antenna 4 July 14th 03 08:04 AM