Old June 24th 12, 04:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default loop antennas and noise suppresion

"Ian" napisał w wiadomości
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
.. .

All time the electrons flow to or from the ground.

Note the statement "makes it easier for a current to flow between the
plates". That's "between the plates" and not "flow to earth".

The Earth surface works as the plate.

snip

"It is true, most capacitors tend to self-discharge about 50% in something
like 15 minutes."
That's "self-discharge" and not "discharge to earth".

The Earth surface works as the plate.

For a detailed discussion of electrons, why not try posting on one
of the Physics or Science newsgroups?

They know what the electrons are.
S*

Old June 24th 12, 05:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

All time the electrons flow to or from the ground.

Note the statement "makes it easier for a current to flow between the
plates". That's "between the plates" and not "flow to earth".

The Earth surface works as the plate.

snip

"It is true, most capacitors tend to self-discharge about 50% in
something
like 15 minutes."
That's "self-discharge" and not "discharge to earth".

The Earth surface works as the plate.

For a detailed discussion of electrons, why not try posting on one
of the Physics or Science newsgroups?

They know what the electrons are.
S*

Hello Szczepan.

No, the earth doesn't act as a surface of a capacitor. Capacitors will
self-discharge even when they aren't connected to any circuit.

Old June 24th 12, 05:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

"Ian" napisa? w wiadomo?ci
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
.. .

All time the electrons flow to or from the ground.

Note the statement "makes it easier for a current to flow between the
plates". That's "between the plates" and not "flow to earth".

The Earth surface works as the plate.

No; you are an idiot.

snip

"It is true, most capacitors tend to self-discharge about 50% in something
like 15 minutes."
That's "self-discharge" and not "discharge to earth".

The Earth surface works as the plate.

No; you are an idiot.

For a detailed discussion of electrons, why not try posting on one
of the Physics or Science newsgroups?

They know what the electrons are.

Which means they would laugh at your idiotic babble too.

Old June 25th 12, 08:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Ian" napisał w wiadomości
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

All time the electrons flow to or from the ground.

Hello Szczepan.

No, the earth doesn't act as a surface of a capacitor. Capacitors will
self-discharge even when they aren't connected to any circuit.

My answer was to Sal. He wrote: "(Last year, I used a 20m dipole at 30
feet, operating out of my van.
Everything floated above ground without incident and many QSOs.)"

The floor of the van is the plate and the surface of the Earth is the second
plate.
S*

Old June 25th 12, 10:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

No, the earth doesn't act as a surface of a capacitor. Capacitors will
self-discharge even when they aren't connected to any circuit.

My answer was to Sal. He wrote: "(Last year, I used a 20m dipole at 30
feet, operating out of my van.
Everything floated above ground without incident and many QSOs.)"

The floor of the van is the plate and the surface of the Earth is the
second plate.
S*

Thanks, Szczepan . That made me smile. I'm sure you will find sites on the
web that will help you to understand capacitors.

Have a nice day. Ian.

Old June 25th 12, 02:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Monday, June 25, 2012 2:23:22 AM UTC-5, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
The floor of the van is the plate and the surface of the Earth is the second
plate.

How about the capacitors and antennas on Voyager I and II which are still operating at the edge of the solar system?
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com
Old June 25th 12, 02:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"W5DXP" wrote in message
On Monday, June 25, 2012 2:23:22 AM UTC-5, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
The floor of the van is the plate and the surface of the Earth is the
second
plate.

How about the capacitors and antennas on Voyager I and II which are still
operating at the edge of the solar system?
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

Hello Cecil. Do you suppose that we can regard Uranus or Pluto as a
replacement Earth?
Pity they didn't want a volunteer to be the crew of a Voyager. We could have
suggested someone ...

73, Ian.

Old June 25th 12, 03:13 PM
Senior Member

Play nice - you do not want to end up like ME!
Friendless and alone.

IN THEORY - Marconi was correct.

IF wind blows directly across a loop antenna, it stands to reason that the wind would create a static, and when connected to a transceiver it would look for a ground to travel to - like lightning in a storm cloud - and even saying static discharge is incorrect.

Antenna's by nature is electrically charged - this is why they receive.

I could cite some irrevelant information that no one would listen to, but no one would know what I was talking about / or care.

I can tell you of one man who lives across the street from a low power AM commercial radio station -= daylighter station with about 4K transmit / that gets shocked everytime he touches his loop antenna.

It stands to reason that if it was electrostatically charged, just like shuffling your feet across the carpet floor and then touching a old water tap with copper pipe - that an arc would jump and a spark would be produced and you would get jolted.

Some good sloper antenna's also uses a discharge mech to dampen the static on the line.

A club I belong to - but did not participate with - in field days this year, built a matching network for their 240' repeater tower and loaded up the entire tower and tried to make contacts on 160 meters one year.

Someone acted ignorant and told them to get off of 160 meters - that it was for bullchitting and not for contesting =- when the club broke into their QSO - and they disconnected the matching network and threw it away.

A bunch of CB'rs in my opinion.

ONe other thing to note - and I am suprised that no one produces it, is a loop antenna for 11 meters.
If the manufacturers would get together and make a 11 meter loop and sell it to the trailer manufactuers - tuned, and would install it on the enclosed truck trailers - these 11 meter / CB radio nets would dissappear almost overnight.

Someone told them that they needed a half wavelength of coax to have a balanced feed line - no one told them that it had to be electrically a half wavelength.
Hence every other post includes how they bought 18' of coax, reguardless of make or model and how they have high swr's because their antenna will not tune up = 3 or 4 foot long - double sticks - with no ground plane and a fiberglass body.

If I had a nickle for every time I told them they would be better off with a walkie talkie - they get mad and throw me off their forums.

You could probably hold a 4' long whip antenna in your hand and do more good then mounting it on the side of a fiberglass door with no ground plane!

As far as me building a loop and worrying about static discharge or noise - a NVIS antenna is only a couple of feet off the ground and it works - it does not talk very far, maybe 1500 miles max, but it listens and is real quiet - because it does not receive as much.

Good for doing close up local work, not good for skip.

I even heard tell of a guy who buried his antenna 1 foot below ground and made some contacts, but couldn't stand the electrical burns he got every time he touched something metallic while holding or talking into the mic.

RF needs some place to go and the best path it found was out of the mic.

Marconi was a theif and a cheat, because his first across Atlantic contact never happened, he just needed something to be of proof so he could get a license to do what he wanted to do and he needed government approval to do it before he invested his own money into it.

Even Heimlic Hertz knew more about radio then Marconi did and he dismissed it as a novelty.

KHZ

MHZ

or

KILLO CYCLES

MEGGA CYCLES

YOU BE THE JUDGE!

Last edited by Channel Jumper : June 25th 12 at 03:18 PM
Old June 25th 12, 05:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Ian" napisał w wiadomości
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

All time the electrons flow to or from the ground.

Hello Szczepan.

No, the earth doesn't act as a surface of a capacitor. Capacitors will
self-discharge even when they aren't connected to any circuit.

# My answer was to Sal. He wrote: "(Last year, I used a 20m dipole at 30
# feet, operating out of my van.
# Everything floated above ground without incident and many QSOs.)"

# The floor of the van is the plate and the surface of the Earth is the
second
# plate.
# S*

Just as a mental exercise, assume that the entire setup...van and antenna,
is transported to a place in space where there is negligible capacitance to
the earth.

Is it your contention that the setup would operate any differently?

Old June 25th 12, 05:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

Hello Szczepan.

No, the earth doesn't act as a surface of a capacitor. Capacitors will
self-discharge even when they aren't connected to any circuit.

My answer was to Sal. He wrote: "(Last year, I used a 20m dipole at 30
feet, operating out of my van.
Everything floated above ground without incident and many QSOs.)"

The floor of the van is the plate and the surface of the Earth is the
second plate.
S*

Hello Szczepan.
Please try to take note of earlier postings. A dipole is a balanced aerial
and works without reference to earth.
Regards, Ian.

Low Noise receiving Loop antenna Tony Giacometti Antenna 96 March 17th 08 11:00 PM
Loop Antennas Richard Harrison Antenna 7 November 23rd 05 04:12 PM
Loop Antennas Richard Harrison Antenna 3 November 21st 05 05:52 PM
HF Loop Antennas jimbo Antenna 5 February 21st 05 11:40 PM
Loop vx Folded Dipole noise factor Ed Antenna 13 December 28th 04 10:17 PM