Old June 25th 12, 05:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default loop antennas and noise suppresion

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

"Ian" napisa? w wiadomo?ci
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

All time the electrons flow to or from the ground.

Hello Szczepan.

No, the earth doesn't act as a surface of a capacitor. Capacitors will
self-discharge even when they aren't connected to any circuit.

My answer was to Sal. He wrote: "(Last year, I used a 20m dipole at 30
feet, operating out of my van.
Everything floated above ground without incident and many QSOs.)"

The floor of the van is the plate and the surface of the Earth is the second
plate.
S*

Nonsense; you are an idiot.

Old June 25th 12, 06:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Wayne" napisal w wiadomosci

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

# My answer was to Sal. He wrote: "(Last year, I used a 20m dipole at 30
# feet, operating out of my van.
# Everything floated above ground without incident and many QSOs.)"

# The floor of the van is the plate and the surface of the Earth is the
second
# plate.
# S*

Just as a mental exercise, assume that the entire setup...van and antenna,
is transported to a place in space where there is negligible capacitance
to the earth.

Is it your contention that the setup would operate any differently?

The Earth is in the space and the entire setup also.
The both need "neutralization" like the space-vehicle:
"Other proposed applications of large-area field emission sources[39]
include microwave generation, space-vehicle neutralization"
From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_electron_emission

" Where the electrons are compacted the electrons tend to push each other
off. Where there
is a deficit of electrons, electrons are attracted from other sources".

In space is the Solar wind (ions and electrons).
S*

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_electron_emission

" Where the electrons are compacted the electrons tend to push each other
off. Where there
is a deficit of electrons, electrons are attracted from other sources".

In space is the Solar wind (ions and electrons).
S*

To continue quoting from the Wiki article: ' In these devices, a high
density of individual field emission sites is created on a substrate
(originally silicon). This research area became known, first as "vacuum
microelectronics", now as "vacuum nanoelectronics" '.
Micro/nanoelectronics? I think we've discussed ths before on this newsgroup.
Is Szczepan saying that we need to earth the Earth? Doesn't that short out
everything?
I'd rate this thread "Four stars out of five. Highly entertaining and
amusing. I await the sequel".
Perhaps we've already had the sequel - was it Archimedes who said "Give me a
place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world". I guess that
Szczepan would agree with that one.

Regards to all, Ian.

Old June 25th 12, 06:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Monday, June 25, 2012 12:18:08 PM UTC-5, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
In space is the Solar wind (ions and electrons).

If electrons permeated space, all planets would be at the same electric potential but we know they are not. How do you explain that?

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_electron_emission

" Where the electrons are compacted the electrons tend to push each other
off. Where there
is a deficit of electrons, electrons are attracted from other sources".

In space is the Solar wind (ions and electrons).
S*

This is a bunch of babbling, word salad, meaningless, gibberish.

You are an utter idiot.

Old June 25th 12, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 6/25/2012 8:12 AM, W5DXP wrote:
On Monday, June 25, 2012 2:23:22 AM UTC-5, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
The floor of the van is the plate and the surface of the Earth is the second
plate.

How about the capacitors and antennas on Voyager I and II which are still operating at the edge of the solar system?
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

You see the Voyager I and II use their metal structure as one plate of
a capacitor connecting to earth. The space between is the dielectric,
just like the floor of the van. Some day when Voyager I passes another
solar system, The space between earth and Voyager making up the
dielectric will be light years wide. Without earth there could be no
radio communications anywhere else in the universe.

Plato, the Greek scientist stated very clearly that the earth was the
centre of the universe. Cecil, surely you would not presume to question
the works of a great scientist like Plato.

Michael

:-)

Old June 25th 12, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

# From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_electron_emission
#
# " Where the electrons are compacted the electrons tend to push each other
# off. Where there
# is a deficit of electrons, electrons are attracted from other sources".
#
# In space is the Solar wind (ions and electrons).
# S*

And if the van/antenna had been constructed on another planet before being
sent into space, is the earth still required or just the other planet?

Old June 26th 12, 08:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Wayne" napisal w wiadomosci

# From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_electron_emission
#
# " Where the electrons are compacted the electrons tend to push each
other
# off. Where there
# is a deficit of electrons, electrons are attracted from other sources".
#
# In space is the Solar wind (ions and electrons).
# S*

And if the van/antenna had been constructed on another planet before being
sent into space, is the earth still required or just the other planet?

Each piece in the space is neutralized by the rare plazma.
S*

Old June 26th 12, 08:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"W5DXP" napisal w wiadomosci
On Monday, June 25, 2012 12:18:08 PM UTC-5, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
In space is the Solar wind (ions and electrons).

If electrons permeated space, all planets would be at the same electric
potential but we know they are not.

Where can I find the planet potentials?
S*

Low Noise receiving Loop antenna Tony Giacometti Antenna 96 March 17th 08 11:00 PM
Loop Antennas Richard Harrison Antenna 7 November 23rd 05 04:12 PM
Loop Antennas Richard Harrison Antenna 3 November 21st 05 05:52 PM
HF Loop Antennas jimbo Antenna 5 February 21st 05 11:40 PM
Loop vx Folded Dipole noise factor Ed Antenna 13 December 28th 04 10:17 PM