Old June 28th 12, 03:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default loop antennas and noise suppresion

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:17:25 AM UTC-5, Laurent Blin wrote:
Around an atom of hydrogen the electron travels at less than 1% of the
speed of light.

In a 1 mm telegraph wire carrying 3 amps of DC, an electron travels at a velocity of about one meter per hour. I can walk 3000 times faster than that. It's time to come to grips with electron particles containing mass vs speed of light functions.

I earlier said an electron traveling at the speed of light would collapse "the" universe. I should have said: collapse "its" universe.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com
Old June 28th 12, 06:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Jeff" napisal w wiadomosci

Infrared and UV light do not pass through glass.

Is that why your greenhouse stays cool on a sunny day??

Almost all energy is in visible light.
In greenhouse it is reworked into heat. But the warm interior radiate the
infrared. Such can not escape through the glass.
In the result my greenhouse stays hot on a sunny day.
S*

Old June 28th 12, 06:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

"Jeff" napisal w wiadomosci

Infrared and UV light do not pass through glass.

Is that why your greenhouse stays cool on a sunny day??

Almost all energy is in visible light.
In greenhouse it is reworked into heat. But the warm interior radiate the
infrared. Such can not escape through the glass.
In the result my greenhouse stays hot on a sunny day.
S*

Hello Jeff.

I am now checking the front of my camera lens. Yes - there's a UV filter on
it. Wonder why?

Best wishes, Ian.

Old June 29th 12, 12:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

"Jeff" napisal w wiadomosci

Infrared and UV light do not pass through glass.

Is that why your greenhouse stays cool on a sunny day??

Almost all energy is in visible light.
In greenhouse it is reworked into heat. But the warm interior radiate the
infrared. Such can not escape through the glass.
In the result my greenhouse stays hot on a sunny day.
S*

Yet more babbling, word salad nonsense from the poster boy for Polish jokes.

Old June 29th 12, 01:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

On 6/28/2012 2:25 AM, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
napisal w wiadomosci
. net...

And of course there is the real problem. If he claims antennas work by
radiating electrons, why do insulated wires work?

I am going to love this answer.

Light (and radio waves) are the oscillatory flow of electrons (L. Lorenz
1869).

Glass, ice and water are insulators.
As you probably know the wires insulated with the water do not work.

Yes they do actually.

You can also put salt water in an insulating glass tube and use it as an
antenna.

It is the wave lenght dependent.

What is?

S*

You did not answer the question. I will restate it.

How can a wire that is completely insulated with respect to electrons
radiate an RF signal?

An additional question.

Since radio waves, according to you, are made up of electrons, how do
radios receive and transmit inside building which are made of insulating
and nonconducting glass and concrete?

tom
K0TAR

Old June 29th 12, 08:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"tom" napisal w wiadomosci
. net...
On 6/28/2012 2:25 AM, Szczepan Bialek wrote:

Light (and radio waves) are the oscillatory flow of electrons (L. Lorenz
1869).

Glass, ice and water are insulators.
As you probably know the wires insulated with the water do not work.

Yes they do actually.

A wire coated with the melting ice do not work.

You can also put salt water in an insulating glass tube and use it as an
antenna.

Is it used by U-boots?

It is the wave lenght dependent.

What is?

In the salt water works only the ULF.

You did not answer the question. I will restate it.

How can a wire that is completely insulated with respect to electrons
radiate an RF signal?

No insulators to make a wire that is completely insulated with respect to
electrons. It is the material, thickness and frequency dependent.

An additional question.

Since radio waves, according to you, are made up of electrons, how do
radios receive and transmit inside building which are made of insulating
and nonconducting glass and concrete?

Light (and radio waves) are made up of electrons, according to Faraday, L.
Lorentz, Tesla and Dirac.
The conductance is the frequency dependent.
The light travel in the glass fibre but do not travel in a copper wire.
S*

Old June 29th 12, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 12:21:12 PM UTC-5, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
Almost all energy is in visible light.

Actually, most EM energy is above and below the very limited visible spectrum and EM energy is only one of many types of energy. You would not be able to survive close proximity to the gamma rays from a pulsar long enough to see where they were coming from.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com
Old June 29th 12, 04:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Friday, June 29, 2012 2:38:18 AM UTC-5, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
Light (and radio waves) are made up of electrons, according to Faraday, L.
Lorentz, Tesla and Dirac.

Please find a time machine and go back to the time when physicists were so ignorant that they believed such nonsense.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com
Old June 29th 12, 05:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"W5DXP" napisal w wiadomosci
On Thursday, June 28, 2012 12:21:12 PM UTC-5, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
Almost all energy is in visible light.

Actually, most EM energy is above and below the very limited visible
spectrum and EM energy is only one of many types of energy. You would not
be able to survive close proximity to the gamma rays from a pulsar long
enough to see where they were coming from.

In Jeff greenhouse no rays from a pulsar.
S*

Low Noise receiving Loop antenna Tony Giacometti Antenna 96 March 17th 08 11:00 PM
Loop Antennas Richard Harrison Antenna 7 November 23rd 05 04:12 PM
Loop Antennas Richard Harrison Antenna 3 November 21st 05 05:52 PM
HF Loop Antennas jimbo Antenna 5 February 21st 05 11:40 PM
Loop vx Folded Dipole noise factor Ed Antenna 13 December 28th 04 10:17 PM