Old March 4th 13, 10:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default The Dallas Files

Anyone know what happened to the yahoo group called thedallasfiles?
Sure wish I would have downloaded all the pdf files.

Mikek
Old March 5th 13, 02:31 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdx View Post
Anyone know what happened to the yahoo group called thedallasfiles?
Sure wish I would have downloaded all the pdf files.

Mikek
Maybe they don't want to play with you anymore?

What does this have to do with Antenna's?
__________________
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...
Old March 5th 13, 06:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 3/5/2013 8:31 AM, Channel Jumper wrote:
amdx;802332 Wrote:
Anyone know what happened to the yahoo group called thedallasfiles?
Sure wish I would have downloaded all the pdf files.

Mikek

Maybe they don't want to play with you anymore?

What does this have to do with Antenna's?

It was all about antennas. (Mostly AMBCB antennas, but some LW and SW,
also amps for the same) Was a great Great Resource!

They is a he, and I won't take it personal because it seems he's not
playing with anybody, at least for now.

It was a yahoo group, message says;

Group Not Found

There is no group called thedallasfiles. Please make sure you typed the
web address correctly. If you have done so, the group may no longer exist.

Thanks Mikek
Old March 6th 13, 06:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

amdx;802332 Wrote:
Anyone know what happened to the yahoo group called thedallasfiles?
Sure wish I would have downloaded all the pdf files.

It was all about antennas. (Mostly AMBCB antennas, but some LW and SW,
also amps for the same) Was a great Great Resource!

They is a he, and I won't take it personal because it seems he's not
playing with anybody, at least for now.

It was a yahoo group, message says;

Group Not Found

There is no group called thedallasfiles. Please make sure you typed the
web address correctly. If you have done so, the group may no longer exist.

;

Dallas Lankford was listed on the Louisiana Tech faculty about ten years ago
this way:

Lankford, Dallas S., IV; Professor, Mathematics and Statistics - BA and MA,
PhD, Univ. of Texas (1978) Graduate Faculty

He has published numerous technical papers but I saw none dated after 2010.
An Internet search will uncover articles wherein the author credits him with
assistance in the production of the article. I looked for an obituary and
found only the report of his father's death in 1993. He may have retired
and folded everything. He controlled access to the Yahoo Group tightly,
stating that he had a method he used to determine who would be granted
access and who would not. With that in mind, consider that he may not want
any further dissemination of his work.

He is known among our people for his effective procedures for receiving weak
signals. My brief experience with him showed him to be overly-sensitive and
controlling, as above. If you say something that he doesn't like, he'll
shut the door in your face. I made the mistake of suggesting something to
him. SLAM! It still hurts. I really wanted to study more of his work and
I think he knew it.

If I hear somebody offer an opinion that he is eccentric and cantankerous,
I'll offer no argument.

"Sal"

Old March 6th 13, 12:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

amdx;802332 Wrote:
[...]

Sal,
Send me a private email.
Remove notthis from my email above.