Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 5th 14, 07:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Performance of low-cost rotators in cold?

Considering a roof-mounted 3-el 6 meter beam and don't want to have to
spend more than the cost of the antenna just to turn it.

I see a number of apparently mechanically identical rotators intended for
turning TV antennas, ranging in price from about $50 to $120, which look
like they'd work under normal conditions.

We don't have much trouble with ice here, but long stretches of near-
zero or below-zero F temperatures are common, with occasional dips to -20F
or so.

Would these rotators work in those temperatures? Would they continue to
work for more than one winter?

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN

Software for antenna rotators yo3dmu General 1 March 20th 10 08:04 PM
Emoto Rotators Antenna 3 November 22nd 05 06:01 AM
FS Yaesu G-5400B Rotators Charlie Hugg Equipment 0 September 9th 04 02:23 PM