Old November 17th 05, 10:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Emoto Rotators

Hi All,
I have been offered an unused Emoto 1103 (or 1102 - not sure as no
external markings) at what appears to be a very reasonable price. The only
problem is that it does not come with a control unit.
I have searched the 'net high and low for information but to no avail.
So - my choices seem to be:
1. Acquire a circuit of the rotator so that I may make my own control unit.
2. Purchase a suitable control unit (the local agent in Australia is unable
to supply same)
3.Sell the rotator on behalf of the original vendor (a friend, who would be
more than happy for me to do so)
4.Forget the whole thing and stick to bits of wire stuck up the nearest tree

Any help or advice will treated with the respect it deserves!
Cheers
Alan
VK2ADB

Old November 18th 05, 06:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gb

wrote in message
[...]

http://ham.srsab.se/rotator/emotator.html

http://www.jamsat.or.jp/trakbox/manual/cnchart.txt

http://www.matsusaka.ne.jp/~ji1fgx/H...s-rotators.htm

July 1996 posting

Eric --

I don't have any satellite or direct Orion experience but I've
installed a few and they do seem to be pretty brute. Result - increased
reliability. The digital control box looks nice but again no direct
experience.

The alternative is the Emoto. This appears to be a beefier version of the
Kenpro/Yaesu rotors. But they are analog controlled (I want to run the
rotors from a Unix box), and I have yet to see anyone in this area with

them.

I ran a small survey a week or two ago (results as yet unpublished) and
asked about the Create and Emoto rotators since I don't have any direct
experience with them. To cut to the chase, the Create was given high marks
for reliability; the Emoto was not. Both rotators suffer from mediocre
parts
and service support and both use the two-piece mast clamp which can be
broken
easily during installation.

I don't know if this is helpful to you or just added to the band noise.

73, Steve K7LXC

Old November 18th 05, 03:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tam/WB2TT

wrote in message
[...]

Depends on how much you know. If the Emoto is in the same price class as the
Yaesu and HyGain, it would be worth while to build your own control box. I
would not try to duplicate their unit; just go for something basic with a
momentary contact DPDT switch for direction, and a 0 - 1 ma meter for an
indicator. If this is a 3 wire or 4 wire unit, forget about it.

Tam/WB2TT

Old November 22nd 05, 06:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Alan Peake

Depends on how much you know. If the Emoto is in the same price class
as the Yaesu and HyGain, it would be worth while to build your own
control box. I would not try to duplicate their unit; just go for
something basic with a momentary contact DPDT switch for direction,
and a 0 - 1 ma meter for an indicator. If this is a 3 wire or 4 wire
unit, forget about it.

Tam/WB2TT

The rotator has an odd connector - 6 pin from memory - but I should be
able to do something about that. I really want to see the rotator's
circuit before deciding if I feel like making a control unit. It
shouldn't be too difficult if it comprises just a motor, potentiometer
and limit switches. The most important bits to me are the mechanical parts -
I can't make them.
Thanks to the other poster who replied - I found most of the references
on the 'net to be a bit lacking in the detail I need.
Alan