Old November 5th 14, 06:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Write Off

On 11/5/2014 12:11 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 22:41:56 -0500, rickman wrote:

I guess this group is just done for.

Not so fast. The two postings on your 60KHz loop question by Wim
(PA3DJS) were well worth reading and certainly informative. I had no
idea how to calculate the H field until he provided an example. Don't
throw out the few good answers just because you dislike having to wade
through a mountain of garbage.

"At the bottom of every dumpster is a gem. It's only a question of
how much garbage you're willing to sift through trying to find it".
(Me about 1995).

You come up with some gems now and then, like this one, lol. No, I'm
not willing to wade through a mountain of crap to find one or two good
posts. But maybe I am a bit shell shocked. I post on the s.e.d group
and there are a fair number of true a-holes who would rather insult you
than to answer one legitimate question.

simulation, mostly to estimate the Q of the antenna. I would be happy
to post some info if you ask about it there.

--

Rick
Old November 5th 14, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Brian Reay wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:

I guess this group is just done for.

I wouldn't say so so quickly; just get people to stop responding to Big G.

I've seen this happen in normally unmoderated groups. Troll posts
disruptive post, group owner gets complaints, puts troll
on moderation list, troll is starved of attention, group recovers calm.
True, troll is seething and ranting but no one cares. His anger becomes his
own padded cell, with him bouncing around in it.

Ignoring the troll has the same impact, as we've seen in uk.r.a, not to
mention the impact of my ignoring Evans for extended periods.

I'm not so sure he is a troll but rather has mental health issues.

I've seen similar behaviour from those in the early stages of Alzheimer's
and if that is the issue, he won't be around for much longer.

Or he could just be an ordinary nutter.

--
Jim Pennino
Old November 5th 14, 07:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 12:31:05 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:

[...]

Once the mind starts to go, about 5 years is the average time left..

Old November 5th 14, 07:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

rickman wrote:
On 11/5/2014 1:29 PM, wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:

I guess this group is just done for.

I wouldn't say so so quickly; just get people to stop responding to Big G.

I've seen this happen in normally unmoderated groups. Troll posts
disruptive post, group owner gets complaints, puts troll
on moderation list, troll is starved of attention, group recovers calm.
True, troll is seething and ranting but no one cares. His anger becomes his
own padded cell, with him bouncing around in it.

Ignoring the troll has the same impact, as we've seen in uk.r.a, not to
mention the impact of my ignoring Evans for extended periods.

I'm not so sure he is a troll but rather has mental health issues.

I've seen similar behaviour from those in the early stages of Alzheimer's
and if that is the issue, he won't be around for much longer.

Or he could just be an ordinary nutter.

Well, if he is mentally ill, then by all means let's insult and make fun
of him.

As the above is just guesswork and there is no official diagnosis, at
this point we can concider him to be just a pain in the butt crank.

Perhaps if enough people pour onto him, he will take advantage of that
free health care in the UK and get himself checked out.

--
Jim Pennino

Old November 5th 14, 07:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message
As the above is just guesswork and there is no official diagnosis, at
this point we can concider him to be just a pain in the butt crank.
Perhaps if enough people pour onto him, he will take advantage of that
free health care in the UK and get himself checked out.

The advanced EM texts all describe the mechanism by which short
antennae are poor radiators.

How the once-technical Yankland descends into the abyss of
rednecked abusive ignorance!

Perhaps those legislators who tried to pass a law defining PI as
3 are now the cadre of those holding Ham licences in Yankland?

Old November 5th 14, 08:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

rickman wrote:

(snipped for brevity)

I'm not so sure he is a troll but rather has mental health issues.

I've seen similar behaviour from those in the early stages of Alzheimer's
and if that is the issue, he won't be around for much longer.

Or he could just be an ordinary nutter.

Well, if he is mentally ill, then by all means let's insult and make fun
of him.

He may just have been sitting to close to radiating feedlines!
Sometimes I wonder if that is what is happening to me! :-)

Irv VE6BP
Old November 5th 14, 08:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 2:19:18 PM UTC-6, Irv Finkleman VE6BP wrote:
rickman wrote:

(snipped for brevity)

I'm not so sure he is a troll but rather has mental health issues.

I've seen similar behaviour from those in the early stages of Alzheimer's
and if that is the issue, he won't be around for much longer.

Or he could just be an ordinary nutter.

Well, if he is mentally ill, then by all means let's insult and make fun
of him.

He may just have been sitting to close to radiating feedlines!
Sometimes I wonder if that is what is happening to me! :-)

Irv VE6BP

I've felt the effects of RF when sitting in my car, and having the
antenna behind me on the trunk. That was when I was using a Chevy
Monte Carlo.. And I tested it several times just to make sure it
was not my imagination. I was also running CW, which of course is
pretty steady power when actually transmitting.
The effect was an uneasy feeling that is hard to describe.
I'd feel it after transmitting a while, and it would go away if
I quit.. Very weird, but I'm convinced it was not my imagination.
I think that was on 80m if I remember right.
Old November 5th 14, 11:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 11/5/2014 5:46 PM, rickman wrote:
On 11/5/2014 3:25 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 2:19:18 PM UTC-6, Irv Finkleman VE6BP
wrote:
rickman wrote:

(snipped for brevity)

[...]

I believe 80 m transmissions are right up there with cell phones and
microwave ovens for causing cancer ,no?

Oh, and right next to Monte Carlos...

--

Rick

[tapr-announce] write now Stan Horzepa Digital 0 July 7th 09 04:59 AM
Somebody should write to the Delano tx... running dogg Shortwave 4 February 14th 06 05:08 PM
Write your own caption! David Shortwave 7 May 10th 05 03:40 AM
Did Geo write this? U Know Who CB 0 December 24th 04 02:04 AM
Would you like to write about your hobby for one of the UK's top websites? Steve Roche General 0 February 13th 04 10:18 AM