Old August 10th 03, 09:50 PM
Mr. T

Default FM dipole antennas

I am a novice when it comes to antennas. Could someone point me to sources
of info about buying or making an outdoor fm(88Mhz-108Mhz) antenna?
Thanks in advance

Old August 10th 03, 11:38 PM
WB3FUP \(Mike Hall\)

If you are in the US go to your local Radio Shack. Buy one (sku 420-2385).
Should cost less than $5.00, unless you need to attach to 75 ohm connector,
then you will have to add the cost of impedance matching transformer,
another $3.00 to $5.00.

If do not live in the US, or really, just really have to roll your own the
formula is 468/f where f is the frequency in mhz. That comes out to about
4' 9'' long at 98 mhz which is the middle of the band. Solder both ends of
the twin lead together, cut one conductor in the center and open it up to
about the width of the twin lead. Attach a length of twin lead to this
gap.

In either case set the antenna up as an "inverted v", including 90 to 140
degrees between the legs.
--
73 es cul

wb3fup
a Salty Bear

Old August 11th 03, 01:12 AM
G.Beat

Some great web sites to learn more

http://www.kyes.com/antenna/antennadex.html

gb
--
DO NOT use Reply.

Old August 19th 03, 01:08 AM
Dave Bushong

Hi, Mr. T

You could always go to www.google.com and enter something like

build fm antenna

I know it works, because I did that, and I got a hundred good answers.

I'm glad we can help you use the internet. I'm assuming that you know
how to use pliers, wire cutters, etc. If not, go to www.google.com and
put this in: "learn to use the internet before you ask for help".

All the best, and I pity the fool who makes me learn something myself,
Dave

Mr. T wrote:

I am a novice when it comes to antennas. Could someone point me to sources
of info about buying or making an outdoor fm(88Mhz-108Mhz) antenna?
Thanks in advance

--
This file is PureMail protected. To reply to the sender,
you MUST include this in the subject line:

M321I58DNU 09/06/2003

(without that string in the subject, your
message will be deleted, unread)