Old November 30th 14, 01:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default The Three Amigos?

Why is it that almost every thread degenerates into a flame
war involving The Three Amigos, Stuckle, Rickman, and jimp?

Whatever happened to the gentlemanly tradition of amateur radio?

Old November 30th 14, 03:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sun, 30 Nov 2014, gareth wrote:

Why is it that almost every thread degenerates into a flame
war involving The Three Amigos, Stuckle, Rickman, and jimp?

Whatever happened to the gentlemanly tradition of amateur radio?

To be fair, if you'd figure out where the post belonged and posted
appropriately, instead of the cross-posting, it would be easier to figure
out where they were coming from.

If you cross-post to the UK newsgroup, that brings out all your
"followers". But some of that seems to have worn off on the others, so
yes, every thread seems to turn into infighting.

Michael

Old November 30th 14, 03:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default [OT] The Three Amigos?

On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 13:31:01 -0000, gareth wrote:
Why is it that almost every thread degenerates into a flame
war involving The Three Amigos, Stuckle, Rickman, and jimp?

Whatever happened to the gentlemanly tradition of amateur radio?

A "gentleman" would not have posted this to multple ng's.
And, a "gentleman" would have marked the Subject: [OT].

Old November 30th 14, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

gareth wrote:
Why is it that almost every thread degenerates into a flame
war involving The Three Amigos, Stuckle, Rickman, and jimp?

Whatever happened to the gentlemanly tradition of amateur radio?

I'm terribly disappointed in the reduction in the 'gentlemanly
tradition' which I've observed in over 56 years of hamming.

I see that the 'Three Amigos' are now arguing on
rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors.

I also note that you failed to include yourself as one
of that ilk in the Three Amigos -- there should be four!

Irv VE6BP
Old November 30th 14, 09:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Irv Finkleman VE6BP" wrote in message
I also note that you failed to include yourself as one
of that ilk in the Three Amigos -- there should be four!

On the contrary, for unlike yourself, I have always been the champion of
decency and technical excellence.

Old November 30th 14, 10:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

gareth wrote:
"Irv Finkleman VE6BP" wrote in message
I also note that you failed to include yourself as one
of that ilk in the Three Amigos -- there should be four!

On the contrary, for unlike yourself, I have always been the champion of
decency and technical excellence.

Is that why you got your ass hauled into court and got reprimanded by
the judge?

--
Jim Pennino
Old December 16th 14, 03:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Irv Finkleman VE6BP" wrote in message

.... thread degenerates into a flame war

.... Whatever happened to the gentlemanly tradition?

.... terribly disappointed

.... reduction in the 'gentlemanly tradition'

.... now arguing

.... fail

That's a whole lot of negativity, much of which can be sidestepped -- maybe.

My newsreader, called "Eternal September" has a block feature. Yours may
have one, also.

In my case, if I right click on a sender's name, a five-item sub-menu
appears and I can click "add the blocked senders list." (I have done it for
one person, here.) For me, this didn't purge any messages already received
but it stops all the new ones. Some news clients may use a "Filter" menu
for this function. I hope this helps.

http://www.eternal-september.org/

73,
"Sal"
(KD6VKW)

Old December 16th 14, 04:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 12/15/2014 10:35 PM, Sal M. O'Nella wrote:

"Irv Finkleman VE6BP" wrote in message

... thread degenerates into a flame war

... Whatever happened to the gentlemanly tradition?

... terribly disappointed

... reduction in the 'gentlemanly tradition'

... now arguing

... fail

That's a whole lot of negativity, much of which can be sidestepped --
maybe.

My newsreader, called "Eternal September" has a block feature. Yours
may have one, also.

In my case, if I right click on a sender's name, a five-item sub-menu
appears and I can click "add the blocked senders list." (I have done it
for one person, here.) For me, this didn't purge any messages already
received but it stops all the new ones. Some news clients may use a
"Filter" menu for this function. I hope this helps.

http://www.eternal-september.org/

73,
"Sal"
(KD6VKW)

Eternal September is a usenet server, not a news reader. And they do
not have a block sender option. That is a function of your news reader,
whatever that is.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address