Old August 21st 04, 12:03 AM
Doug Birky

I do have 1 other option. I have some 50' trees that would stretch about
130' apart. The issue is they are about 200' from the shack. Can I run that
much coax?

KC1DI wrote in message

Hi Doug,

I'm Running the Windom ( OFCD) it identical to what your saying. but
you'll find that the coax needs to come off the antenna in pretty much a
90 degree angle. ohterwise you will end up with lots of fedline
radiation which will cause problems in the shack.
73 Dave kc1di

Can you give me an indication about how long a lead I need before
running the coax back toward the house and into the radio? I'm going
to run the coax up the house and out to the feedpoint.

Doug

Hi again Doug,

Was out of town so did not get your question for a few days.

You should run it away from the antenna at 90 degrees for about 1/4 wave
if possible. on 80M that would be about 66 ft. but as far as you can
in any event. some claim choke balun at 22' down the feedline works
well Mine is about 30' then a choke balun then about 75' to the shack
and it seem to work for me.
73 Dave

Old September 5th 04, 03:14 PM

By strapping the coax to the earth,ground or negative (or whatever) part of
the aerial,you will effectively
cancel out any gain or effect the 20' part had.
Obviously you dont have the space for a 'T' where the coax is the bottom bit
of the 'T' and the top
Parts are say 20' each way give ot take?
If thats no good,then how about feeding the coax to a longer wire closer to
the house and having
the ground wire going down to earth,vertically? If you could have the long
wire inclining up the
garden somewhat,it would be effectively an inverted-v antenna.Keeping it
horozontal would
leseen the tendancy to throw signals back over your house however.
Does this help?
G7EBY

"Doug Birky" wrote in message
I'm putting up an offset dipole. I'm attaching a 4:1 balun. I'm running
RG-8 to the balun. The dipole will be attached at 20' and the other end
will
be about 40'. My question is can the coax be tie-straped to the short end
of the dipole antenna wire and run back with it toward the houes? This is
basically to keep a big loop from hanging down and also keeping the wife
happy since it would look much cleaner. I didn't know if this would have a
large impact on operation or not.

73
Doug / KC8YEC

Non-radiating Feedlines? Richard Fry Antenna 22 June 15th 04 04:29 AM
6m vert dipole Tyas_MT Antenna 6 April 14th 04 01:00 AM
Sources for Inexpensive RG-8?? Brian Kelly Antenna 62 April 11th 04 12:36 AM
Some help with Dipole Height Mike Antenna 1 February 22nd 04 01:39 AM
70 ohm dipole to 50 ohm feed line question Tom Sedlack Antenna 10 October 6th 03 01:24 AM