Old August 23rd 04, 07:31 PM
Cecil Moore

Fred Hambrecht Sr - Gilbert News wrote:
Back in the AM days, my wife came running into the shack yelling she could
hear me on the stove. The old gas stove had carbon deposits that apparently
actied like a rectifier when a pot was placed on the burner.

Back in the 50's, the local Assembly of God church installed
an audio amplifier. Many of the congregation said they could
hear the Voice Of God coming out of the amp when nobody
was speaking. Turned out, it was My voice. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old August 23rd 04, 08:26 PM
Dave VanHorn

The material in fillings has changed. One of the more prominent cases
involved Lucille Ball during WW2. She had come from the dentist and picked
up a radio It was traced to a Japanese gardner. He was sending ship
movements back to Japan. He was arrested as a result. Or so the story
goes,
YMMV.

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/fillings.htm
http://www.cord.edu/dept/concord/iss...ions/cody.html
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=367925

--

KC6ETE Dave's Engineering Page, www.dvanhorn.org
Microcontroller Consultant, specializing in Atmel AVR

Old August 23rd 04, 08:59 PM
Richard Clark

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:26:56 -0500, "Dave VanHorn"
wrote:

http://www.cord.edu/dept/concord/iss...ions/cody.html

When the nervous old maids of the neo-con persuasion look under their
beds for nightmares, they find towering villians:
Lucille Ball was just one of many Hollywood elites that were unabashed Communists

We're lucky she passed on before GW had her shipped to Gitmo.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC