Old September 15th 15, 06:50 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default What is the purpose of this and other NGs?

"gareth" wrote in
:

"David Ryeburn" wrote in message
In article ,
"gareth" wrote:

Is it the purpose of this

Depends upon what you mean by "this". Three newsgroups appeared in
the "Newsgroups:" header of your message, and will appear in the
response I am now making.

and other NGs merely to act as a forum for the
congenitally abusive duet from that corner of Kent to vent their
spleens in
a crescendo of ever-increasing attention-seeking bile?

I subscribe to rec.radio.amateur.antenna, not the other newsgroups.
Until it got invaded by cross-posters from certain other groups, it
USED to contain mostly things about ANTENNAS. It was fun to read back
then.

David, W8EZE 1949-1967 and VE7EZM + AF7BZ since 2013

Those of we who wish to discuss antennAE and related phenomena or
noumena are not invaders.

Skitt strikes again!
Old September 15th 15, 07:03 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

En el artículo , Jeff
Liebermann escribió:

The purpose of the three cross posted newsgroups are to act as a stage
for you to act out your victim drama.

Exactly so.

Whether the responses are
sympathy, hostility, or technical doesn't matter because all you're
interested in is getting some attention

Exactly so.

, whether negative, positive,
or informative. Every single one of your postings have begun with a
personal insult

Exactly so.

, either to an individual or to the group, which seems
more appropriate to starting a bar room fight

Exactly so.

than a technical
discussion. You don't care about ham radio antennas because I suspect
you've never actually built or designed a working antenna.

Exactly so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_mentality
https://healthpsychologyconsultancy....26/the-victim-
personality/

You've summed up the uk.radio.amateur resident troll to a T.

Follow-ups set appropriately (but watch Evans unset them to feed his
need for attention.)

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
Old September 15th 15, 07:05 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

En el artículo , rickman
escribió:

What is the best way to handle this? Ignore him... no?

Maybe you could take your own advice.

--
(\_/)
Old September 15th 15, 07:31 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 9/15/2015 2:05 PM, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , rickman
escribió:

What is the best way to handle this? Ignore him... no?

Maybe you could take your own advice.

The posts I have been exchanging with Gareth have been civil and
technical, on both our parts. He did stop responding which is something
few of the argumentative posters have been able to achieve.

:P

--

Rick
Old September 15th 15, 09:11 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

escribió:

What is the best way to handle this? Ignore him... no?

Maybe you could take your own advice.

The posts I have been exchanging with Gareth have been civil and
technical, on both our parts. He did stop responding which is something
few of the argumentative posters have been able to achieve.

I stopped responding because IMHO you were repeating matters aready
discussed (and disagreed)

Old September 15th 15, 09:36 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

What is the best way to handle this? Ignore him... no?

YES!
As soon as someone responds to one of Gareth's posts the
fun begins. He starts a troll with an innocent question and
then goads the responders on and one. THE BEST SOLUTION IS
TO TOTALLY IGNORE HIM AND HIS POSTS.
MY 2 CENTS WORTH!

Irv VE6BP
Old September 16th 15, 12:20 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Irv Finkleman" wrote in message

What is the best way to handle this? Ignore him... no?

YES!
As soon as someone responds to one of Gareth's posts the
fun begins. He starts a troll with an innocent question and
then goads the responders on and one. THE BEST SOLUTION IS
TO TOTALLY IGNORE HIM AND HIS POSTS.
MY 2 CENTS WORTH!

That is completely untrue and I challenge you to put your money where
your mouth is and produce such a goad, for there are none whatsoever.

Old September 16th 15, 12:22 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Brian Reay" wrote in message

If you 'blank' him he throws a tantrum for a while but, if you just ignore
it, he eventually crawls away in a sulk. He comes back and you need to
repeat the process but it is worth it.

I have neither sulked, nor thrown a tantrum, unlilke you who
now has picked up the moniker from Cum as The Serial Question Avoider.

Once again, Brian, M3OSN, Old Chum, I ask you why every post of yours
is an abusive jibe and never relevant to the gentlemanly and technical
traditions
of amateur radio?

Why do you behave like that?

Old September 16th 15, 06:31 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Brian Reay wrote:
rickman wrote:
On 9/15/2015 1:21 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 13:19:32 +0100, "gareth"
wrote:

Is it the purpose of this and other NGs merely to act as a forum for the
congenitally abusive duet from that corner of Kent to vent their spleens in
a crescendo of ever-increasing attention-seeking bile?

The purpose of the three cross posted newsgroups are to act as a stage
for you to act out your victim drama.

So why are you enabling?

Whether the responses are
sympathy, hostility, or technical doesn't matter because all you're
interested in is getting some attention, whether negative, positive,
or informative. Every single one of your postings have begun with a
personal insult, either to an individual or to the group, which seems
more appropriate to starting a bar room fight than a technical
discussion. You don't care about ham radio antennas because I suspect
you've never actually built or designed a working antenna.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_mentality
https://healthpsychologyconsultancy.wordpress.com/2012/10/26/the-victim-personality/

What is the best way to handle this? Ignore him... no?

Yes.

If you 'blank' him he throws a tantrum for a while but, if you just ignore
it, he eventually crawls away in a sulk. He comes back and you need to
repeat the process but it is worth it.

Do you remember how badly he lost his mind during Project Shun? He
positively soiled himself on a daily basis, so angry and upset he was at
being denied the attention he craves.

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Old September 16th 15, 06:37 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 9/15/2015 2:55 PM, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

He is a troll, pure and simple, and has been at it since 1997.

I won't argue that point one bit. But it is an effective troll only
because others argue with him rather than simply discuss. Most of those
who argue with him are actually being trolls themselves, not unlike a
group gathering around a fight cheering it on, being part of the reason
to fight in the first place.

--

Rick