Old September 16th 15, 10:18 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default What is the purpose of this and other NGs?

On 9/16/2015 4:52 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 13:51:25 -0400, rickman wrote:

Too long, didn't read...

"Sorry, but I didn't have time to make it shorter."
(Blaise Pascal, Mark Twain, and others).

"Nothing of importance has ever been said on one line"
(Me)

You offer a one liner on the importance of not being brief????

--

Rick
Old September 17th 15, 05:23 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 17:18:08 -0400, rickman wrote:

On 9/16/2015 4:52 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 13:51:25 -0400, rickman wrote:

Too long, didn't read...

"Sorry, but I didn't have time to make it shorter."
(Blaise Pascal, Mark Twain, and others).

"Nothing of importance has ever been said on one line"
(Me)

You offer a one liner on the importance of not being brief????

Becoming part of the problem is much easier than finding a solution.

Actually, it's also my commentary on the Twitter Generation, where
most communications is in the form of one liners. Usually its a
statement of position, lacking only in the background, logic, details,
and commentary that would it interesting. That's one reason why I
haven't abandoned Usenet. It's 100% content. Everyone has a right to
an opinion. However, I'm more interested in the background, logic,
details, rationalizations, references, examples and substantiations.
None of that can be delivered on one line.

I'm disappointed that you didn't read my longish rant. It was
specifically scribbled to answer your question. I figured I owed you
that since I bailed out of more than one discussion, unable to answer
your questions. Debt discharged so now I can be my normal evil self.

Drivel: I spent yesterday replacing phone wiring under a customers
house. I thought I was too old for this kind of work. I was right.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old September 17th 15, 07:24 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 9/17/2015 12:23 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
[...]

Before I read a long post I skim it. I saw this at the bottom...

"No follow ups please. It's not worth the effort."

I wasn't going to post at all, then I thought I should try funny. I
guess funny didn't work. Sorry.

As to your wiring, I climbed a ladder to install a bracket to hold the
WISP antenna. As I was getting down I stepped off one step too soon.
With my bad hip I was lucky I didn't fall, but the sudden lurch was not
a happy event. Yes, getting old is a PITA. But it's just a PITA.

As to your long post, I read it.

As to the details of dealing with the troll type, there is little any
one person can do. Because the original troll is not the problem. The
problem are all of the other trolls who's egos and ids refuse to let
them resist the urge to respond. I am guilty as well. I have
criticized, rationalized and even justified. But anything I do is
swamped by the actions of many others... just as your actions are
swamped. It's pointless to do anything or to worry about it. Those are
the facts.

--

Rick
Old September 17th 15, 09:02 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message
In rec.radio.amateur.antenna Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 13:51:25 -0400, rickman wrote:

Too long, didn't read...

"Sorry, but I didn't have time to make it shorter."
(Blaise Pascal, Mark Twain, and others).

"Nothing of importance has ever been said on one line"
(Me)

"The drinks are on the house."

Cheers, I'll drink to that.
--
;-)
..

Old September 17th 15, 11:01 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
Everyone has a right to
an opinion.

Except me, in your eyes?

Old September 17th 15, 07:35 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 15/09/2015 17:58, gareth wrote:
"David Ryeburn" wrote in message
In article ,
"gareth" wrote:

Is it the purpose of this

Depends upon what you mean by "this". Three newsgroups appeared in the
"Newsgroups:" header of your message, and will appear in the response I
am now making.

and other NGs merely to act as a forum for the
congenitally abusive duet from that corner of Kent to vent their spleens
in
a crescendo of ever-increasing attention-seeking bile?

I subscribe to rec.radio.amateur.antenna, not the other newsgroups.
Until it got invaded by cross-posters from certain other groups, it USED
to contain mostly things about ANTENNAS. It was fun to read back then.

David, W8EZE 1949-1967 and VE7EZM + AF7BZ since 2013

Those of we who wish to discuss antennAE and related phenomena or noumena
are not invaders.

Did anyone else's irony meter just explode at this point in the thread?

Andy

Old September 17th 15, 08:03 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 16/09/2015 10:10, gareth wrote:
"rickman" wrote in message
On 9/15/2015 2:55 PM, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

He is a troll, pure and simple, and has been at it since 1997.

I won't argue that point one bit. But it is an effective troll only
because others argue with him rather than simply discuss. Most of those
who argue with him are actually being trolls themselves, not unlike a
group gathering around a fight cheering it on, being part of the reason to
fight in the first place.

And now, by resorting to personal attacks, you yourself become the troll

In the 21 years since 1994 that I have been a subscriber to amateur radio
NGs, there
has been neither any trolls, nor the origination of personal attacks by me.

Making false accusations of paedophilia aside (as can be seen by from
the links posted here to national media websites where you were
prosecuted), how about when you randomly accused me of being:-

"Another warmonger aiding and abetting the murderous invasion of
Afghanistan, and thus no different to the Germans invading of Europe in
the 1930s and 1940s "#

and then...

"Anybody who aids and abets the killing of Afghanis in their own
country, especially the burning to death of women and children by
indiscriminate drone attacks, has as much blood staining their hands as
though they had fired off the fatal devices."

All because you randomly decided based upon *no* evidence whatsoever
that I was in the army. Then denied that you said it and then ran away
when you were faced with the evidence of actual post you made?

Would you like me to post the actual evidence again so that you can
ignore it again?

Andy