Old October 2nd 15, 04:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Short antennae are poor radiators - a simple illustration.

wrote in message
On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 7:59:00 AM UTC-5, gareth wrote:
By their very nature, short antennae are standing wave antennae and not
travelling wave antennae.
Consider the standing wave that is apparent when the incident wave
arrives
at
the open end of the antennae.
In the case of at least 1/4 wave antennae, the standing wave exhibits the
full quadrant
of a cycle, but in the shorter antennae, there is less than a full
quadrant,
and it follows
that because not the full quadrant appears on the antennae, then they do
not
radiate from that
full quadrant.

Your car wears it's tire mittens, yet sputters at porch lights due to
excessive
carbon buildup on the various intake valves.
The carbon expands as it heats up, and then the valves refuse to seal,
which
leads to a loss of compression, which leads to a poor operating ability as
it
passes go to collect it's $200 while operating 3A at field day.
I asked my cat what is likely the cause for this peculiar phenomenon, and
it
laughed at me and pointed to the northeast.

Sorry, looks like random garbage to me.

Old October 2nd 15, 04:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Fri, 02 Oct 2015 16:41:50 +0100, gareth wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

The irony is *very* strong with this one.
Old October 2nd 15, 05:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message
[...]

He best keep away from magnets then.

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Old October 3rd 15, 12:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Friday, October 2, 2015 at 10:41:53 AM UTC-5, gareth wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

You got it Toyota. It looks just like the random garbage that
comes from your keyboard. I just wanted to show how your gibberish
looks to anyone that has even half a clue about short radiators.
Just the title of this thread alone is a false statement.

Old October 3rd 15, 10:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message
You got it Toyota. It looks just like the random garbage that
comes from your keyboard. I just wanted to show how your gibberish
looks to anyone that has even half a clue about short radiators.
Just the title of this thread alone is a false statement.

The fact that short antennae are poor radiators is borne out by advanced
EM texts.

Might I remind you that in your case the fool is better advised to keep his
mouth shut
rather then open it and confirm to all?

Old October 3rd 15, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Saturday, October 3, 2015 at 4:28:56 AM UTC-5, gareth wrote:
wrote in message
You got it Toyota. It looks just like the random garbage that
comes from your keyboard. I just wanted to show how your gibberish
looks to anyone that has even half a clue about short radiators.
Just the title of this thread alone is a false statement.

The fact that short antennae are poor radiators is borne out by advanced
EM texts.

Prove it. Show the tests and the results. Being as such bafflegab
fodder does not exist, I shall not hold my breath waiting for such
information.

Might I remind you that in your case the fool is better advised to keep his
mouth shut
rather then open it and confirm to all?

Even my cat knows there is no such thing as the tooth fairy.

Old October 3rd 15, 11:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Saturday, October 3, 2015 at 5:03:01 PM UTC-5, gareth wrote:
wrote in message

Prove it. Show the tests and the results. Being as such bafflegab
fodder does not exist, I shall not hold my breath waiting for such
information.
Even my cat knows there is no such thing as the tooth fairy.

Might I remind you that in your case the fool is better advised to keep his
mouth shut rather then open it and confirm to all?

Well, prove I'm a fool, you braying jackass. The ball is in your court.

Show the tests, and the results which show a small antenna is an
inefficient radiator. Until you do, you have no room to remind me
of a damn thing.

Thinking people all around the world have known for many years that
even a small radiator will radiate nearly all power that is applied
to it. So where does that leave you? In an isolated rubber room?

Old October 4th 15, 06:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message

Well, prove I'm a fool, you braying jackass. The ball is in your court.

Might I remind you that in your case the fool is better advised to keep his
mouth shut rather then open it and confirm to all?

Over here in Brit, there is a glaring illustration of the abject failure of
the new
examination scheme, in the person of Stephen Thomas Cole. M0TEY, who
had chosen his callsign as a memento of his days as a CBer. Cole is
completely
untechnical and all his posts (including those to this NG) are abusive and
attention-seeking.

You are indistinguishable from Cole.

The inefficiency of short antennae compared to long antennae, as previously discussed. gareth Antenna 119 February 24th 15 09:54 AM
Short antennae, et al gareth Antenna 17 November 3rd 14 05:27 PM
short antennae gareth Antenna 47 November 1st 14 12:46 PM
The philosophy of short antennae gareth Antenna 3 October 28th 14 06:02 PM
Short Antennae gareth Antenna 10 October 11th 14 02:19 AM