Old October 5th 15, 11:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default About verticals

On 10/4/2015 11:29 AM, rickman wrote:
On 10/4/2015 10:05 AM, John S wrote:
How less efficient is a short vertical than a 1/4 vertical?

You are starting to sound like someone else.

Sorry guys. I didn't mean to sound like someone else. I regret starting
this post now. Let's just forget it.

Old October 5th 15, 04:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 10/5/2015 6:51 AM, John S wrote:
On 10/4/2015 11:29 AM, rickman wrote:
On 10/4/2015 10:05 AM, John S wrote:
How less efficient is a short vertical than a 1/4 vertical?

You are starting to sound like someone else.

Sorry guys. I didn't mean to sound like someone else. I regret starting
this post now. Let's just forget it.

I was just joking...

--

Rick
Old October 5th 15, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 10/5/2015 10:55 AM, rickman wrote:
On 10/5/2015 6:51 AM, John S wrote:
On 10/4/2015 11:29 AM, rickman wrote:
On 10/4/2015 10:05 AM, John S wrote:
How less efficient is a short vertical than a 1/4 vertical?

You are starting to sound like someone else.

Sorry guys. I didn't mean to sound like someone else. I regret starting
this post now. Let's just forget it.

I was just joking...

Well, okay.

I like to discuss these things in a gentlemanly manner and learn from
them. I like to use EZNEC and a Smith chart to support my thoughts,
opinions, findings, confusions, etc. My purpose is purely technical.

I like other peoples' input because, without it, there is no
constructive thinking about how to approach the problem. Your approach
may be different from mine because your brain and background is
different from mine. That is a good thing. If I can just view it your
way, and you can view it my way, we might gain a new insight into the
problem.

There are several contributors here whose posts I respect and value very
much. I know I can learn a lot here if only we can exclude the
protagonist and his followers by ignoring the British posts.

reconcile my questions and investigations regarding technical aspects of
antennas, transmission lines, ATUs, and all the fodder we hams eat up.
Where else can I go to get this?

Old October 5th 15, 07:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Mon, 5 Oct 2015 12:41:18 -0500, John S wrote:

reconcile my questions and investigations regarding technical aspects of
antennas, transmission lines, ATUs, and all the fodder we hams eat up.
Where else can I go to get this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/amateurradio/
http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/
http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/towertalk/