Old September 25th 04, 10:55 PM
Ed Price

"Bob Miller" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:44:06 -0400, "Jack Painter"
wrote:

"Bob Miller" wrote

Tom Ring wrote:
Seems to me there is a big difference between people losing their
tempers, and drive by shootings by gang members, such as the fact that
normal citizens don't lose their tempers and shoot strangers.
If you
think they do, show me some evidence.

Five shootings on the local TV news last night. Normal, reasonable
law-abiding people getting mad and shooting both friends and strangers
over trifle matters.

Bob
k5qwg

Hi Bob, let me help you understand what "show me some evidence" means:

Quote the stories with URLs so that we can decide for ourselves whether or
not these drug-dealing gang-banging criminal history numbnuts meet the
standard of "Normal, reasonable law-abiding people" or not.

This was the anti-gun creeps biggest claim, that Americans all shoot each
other over an argument. It's a bunch of crap and anyone who spreads it is
too. But when you want to start trotting out the lies you've been fed I
will
gladly show you where each one has been debunked. At the end of the day,
you
are either going to be out of bunk or just go away.

Jack, if you go here while these stories are up http://www.woai.com/
see for yourself:

Yeah, but today's fun centers on a chain-saw attack. Completely baffles me
that two guys in a Texas bar can't come up with at least one shotgun!

--
Ed
WB6WSN

Old September 26th 04, 12:43 PM
H. Adam Stevens, NQ5H

"Richard Harrison" wrote in message
snip
The U.S.A. was first to produce nuclear weapons and the intercontinental
missles to accurately place them on target.

snip
Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

And a large and crucial part of the talent pool that developed the bomb and
the ICBM was in the USA because they had literally escaped from Europe. Can
you say Enrico Fermi?
My fellow hams, we're all in this avalanche together.
73
H.
NQ5H

Old September 26th 04, 11:51 PM
JohnN3TWN

Please allow me to apologize in advance, but I can't resist asking:

"If a dipole falls in a forest and there's no one there to hear it,
does it make a sound?"

Yes, the sound of its owner swearing up a blue storm at having to get the *&%$
thing back up over "just the right tree branches"....

Been using a "random" dipole (actually configured in an inverted vee with 50
foot legs) made from insulated house wire, fed with 450 ohm line, hooked to a
little MFJ tuner. QTH is DEEP in the woods and the antenna is VERY close to
trees and actually passes within inches of many leaves/branches. Work mostly
40 CW but every so often will wander around from 80 to 10 CW and SSB. Sure,
I'll never have a "big gun" signal with this antenna, but it works, its cheap
and easy, and I can always find someone to chat with. Once and a while, I even
manage to snag some pretty fair DX.

The only thing I try to avoid is letting the antenna actually touch any thing.

Good luck and good DX

de N3TWN John
Old September 27th 04, 02:56 PM
H. Adam Stevens, NQ5H

"JohnN3TWN" wrote in message
Please allow me to apologize in advance, but I can't resist asking:

"If a dipole falls in a forest and there's no one there to hear it,
does it make a sound?"

Yes, the sound of its owner swearing up a blue storm at having to get the

*&%$
[...]

John
After re-reading your post I must agree.
Wire antennas are cheap and easy.
Significant improvements over wire antennas are expensive and difficult.
73 H., NQ5H

Old September 30th 04, 02:25 AM

"Richard Harrison" wrote in message
Reg, G4FGQ wrote:
"Just another Foreigner without a vote in the forthcoming presidential
election. But which affects me nevertheless."

snip.

Twice in the 20th Century, the U.S.A. answered desparate calls from
Britain and France to send Germany and its allies back to their homes.

snip.
Nor, was it the U.S.A. which partitioned
Palestine. Nor, was it the U.S.A. which promised the Jews a homeland if
they would only support the Allied Cause in both world wars..

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Yes,G.B. should be kicked in the butt in declaring war when they were so
broke.
If the jews were not willing to react to Germany then the British should
have stayed put
just like the U.S. as there were no allies at the time, the British were
alone!
If things had happened that way then there would have no been reason
to have an Israel. If there was not an Israel the World would still be
united and the U.N.
would not be torn apart by the U.S. vetoes.
Parts of the World also would not have created a war
against Islam and thousands would still be alive.
If there was no war in Europe maybe the U.S. would have asked for help
against the
' pre emptive' attack, a type of attack that is now the norm.
Richard you have provided good food for thought, something like 'if a nail
was not lost
then a shoe would not have been lost ! '
Obviously the Britts were dummies in fighting those wars
, especially when Israel then turned on the U.K. and other countries
on a killing spree at home and abroard..........Yes it is all Britain's
fault

Not sure if the U.S. would have entered the war
if it wasn't for Japan but if G.B. told the Jewish bankers where to stick
their 40 pieces of silver
we would not now be at war against Islam and parts of the World where Islam
is accepted and we
all would have been much happier .
O if we all had the benefit of hindsight the World would be a more peaceful
place.

Art

Old September 30th 04, 11:23 PM
Reg Edwards

For "Weapons of Mass Destruction" read "Multi-nationals", "Wall Street",
"Energy Resources", "CIA", "Pentagon" and "N.American Branch of the Mafia".
Bush and Blair just obey instructions.

Lord help us!

Old October 1st 04, 01:28 AM

"Energy sources" !
What is the total length of pipe lines involved with oil in the MidEast?
Using 24/7 time lines does America have enough troops or reservists to
position every 100 yards
to prevent tampering ? The largest user of oil has the economy that goes
down the fastest while
the supplier only needs enough for cooking. If 'push comes to shove' what
would be the result
of that scenario ? Listen to the debate tonight and hear what the
candidates have to say about that.
General Electric is ahead of the game by buying up the majoratory of
railroad cars in the U.S.for
shipping goods by rail like Europe in the event of oil problems Just look
at any highway to measure
the trucking industry dependance on fuel and then estimate the time and
expense needed to replace
the highways with rail tracks. Maybe we should learn to live with people
with religeons different
from our own and force a return of the holy places that have been stolen
from them.
Bush authorised more building on the West Bank stating it will be difficult
to remove them once
they have built their homes. This said regardless of the thoughts of the
rest of the World who we hope to
ask to come and help us and kill all those who have the temererity to resist
the land take over.
Do we in the U.S. have to wait for hindsight to determine whether it is
possible to turn a corner when
all are in a free fall mode without the provision of allies to hold a safety
net?

Art

Old October 1st 04, 01:54 PM
Dave

if there is a half-wave dipole in the forest and the radio is off becuase
the user is busy trying to model it and discuss it on the internet does
anyone hear it?

Old October 1st 04, 02:21 PM

Reg
There are enough reasonable people in Iran and China that they can
come along on their own if enough are smart and all are lucky.
I've had students from both countries and they were quite bright and
rational.
Pyongyang is problematic and our own fault. Should have finished it in

'53.
73
H.

And how would we have done that?
Surely not the Goldwater method !
Art

Old October 1st 04, 03:30 PM
Richard Harrison

Art Unwin wrote:
"And how would we have done that? Surely not the Goldwater method!"

H wrote: Pyongyang is problematic and our fault. Should have finished it
in `53."

I agree with H. McArthur should have had support from an A-bomb on
Pyongyang, followed by similar strikes in China and Russia. We had a
nuclear monopoly at that time. The Cold War would have been nipped in
the bud.

We would have had to be extremely vigilant to find and destroy any
nuclear threat, and keep the U.S. monopoly.

We just could not accept killing so many innocent people to control a
hostile world. Good deeds are always punished?

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI