Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   Report Post  
Old August 25th 17, 03:16 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Aug 2006
Posts: 8
Default Campaign to upgrade Mike M6MGE to Full

On 25/08/2017 14:32, Brian Morrison wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 12:28:53 -0000 (UTC)
Brian Reay wrote:

As I predicted Steve, the usual rejects want to jump on you idea and abuse
it. Perhaps you can now understand some of my concerns.


Jim is just being Jim, Spike's idea is exactly the correct course to be
taken IMHO.

An upgraded licence is achieved by taking the more technical licence
exam.

WHS !


---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com


  #12   Report Post  
Old August 25th 17, 03:28 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Sep 2015
Posts: 57
Default Campaign to upgrade Mike M6MGE to Full

"Catweazel" wrote in message
news
On 25/08/2017 14:32, Brian Morrison wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 12:28:53 -0000 (UTC)
Brian Reay wrote:
As I predicted Steve, the usual rejects want to jump on you idea and
abuse
it. Perhaps you can now understand some of my concerns.


Jim is just being Jim, Spike's idea is exactly the correct course to be
taken IMHO.

An upgraded licence is achieved by taking the more technical licence
exam.

WHS !

Just buy him a pint. If he doesn't want it I'll gladly drink it on his
behalf.
--
;-)
..
73 de Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI - mine's a pint.
..
http://turner-smith.uk

  #13   Report Post  
Old August 25th 17, 04:11 PM posted to free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: May 2017
Posts: 22
Default Campaign to upgrade Mike M6MGE to Full

In message , rickman
writes

I guess I feel the guy should get some sort of commendation. I was
impressed with his cool head and he clearly knew what to do. Isn't
there some other means of recognizing him than a license? That actually
seems a bit less than what could be done.


Life-membership of the RSGB???


--
Ian
  #14   Report Post  
Old August 25th 17, 04:13 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Aug 2017
Posts: 10
Default Campaign to upgrade Mike M6MGE to Full


"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Spike" wrote in message
...
On 24/08/2017 23:26, rickman wrote:

I guess I feel the guy should get some sort of commendation. I was
impressed with his cool head and he clearly knew what to do. Isn't
there
some other means of recognizing him than a license? That actually seems
a
bit less than what could be done.

A much better idea would have been to nominate him for a civilian
honour,
which is far better understood than any upgraded licence would have
been.
It's what civilian honours are for, after all.

[UKRA added]

well I want one for all the times I have phoned 999 .........




As I predicted Steve, the usual rejects want to jump on you idea and abuse
it. Perhaps you can now understand some of my concerns.



WELL EVEN YOU SAID IT WAS STUP......


  #15   Report Post  
Old August 25th 17, 06:44 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Aug 2017
Posts: 10
Default Campaign to upgrade Mike M6MGE to Full


"Jimbo" wrote in message
news

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Spike" wrote in message
...
On 24/08/2017 23:26, rickman wrote:

I guess I feel the guy should get some sort of commendation. I was
impressed with his cool head and he clearly knew what to do. Isn't
there
some other means of recognizing him than a license? That actually
seems a
bit less than what could be done.

A much better idea would have been to nominate him for a civilian
honour,
which is far better understood than any upgraded licence would have
been.
It's what civilian honours are for, after all.

[UKRA added]

well I want one for all the times I have phoned 999 .........




As I predicted Steve, the usual rejects want to jump on you idea and
abuse
it. Perhaps you can now understand some of my concerns.



WELL EVEN YOU SAID IT WAS STUP......


ID




  #16   Report Post  
Old August 25th 17, 09:34 PM posted to free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jan 2015
Posts: 155
Default Campaign to upgrade Mike M6MGE to Full

Ian Jackson wrote:

In message , rickman
writes

I guess I feel the guy should get some sort of commendation. I was
impressed with his cool head and he clearly knew what to do. Isn't
there some other means of recognizing him than a license? That actually
seems a bit less than what could be done.


Life-membership of the RSGB???


I believe a life member can resign effectively. But do they have to pay
if they decide to rejoin?



--

Roger Hayter
  #17   Report Post  
Old August 26th 17, 09:38 AM posted to free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,uk.radio.amateur
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Feb 2014
Posts: 154
Default Campaign to upgrade Mike M6MGE to Full

On 25/08/2017 14:20, Brian Morrison wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 08:14:35 +0100
Spike wrote:


A much better idea would have been to nominate him for a civilian
honour, which is far better understood than any upgraded licence would
have been. It's what civilian honours are for, after all.



WHS!


It's an interesting comment on the times in which we currently live, and
perhaps on the training scheme in this country, that an M6 should be
considered for a unique radio-related award because he operated a radio
satisfactorily - and in addition that people be so moved by this to
suggest an unprecedented method of recognition of it.


--
Spike
  #18   Report Post  
Old August 26th 17, 10:49 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Aug 2013
Posts: 381
Default Campaign to upgrade Mike M6MGE to Full

Spike wrote:
On 25/08/2017 14:20, Brian Morrison wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 08:14:35 +0100
Spike wrote:


A much better idea would have been to nominate him for a civilian
honour, which is far better understood than any upgraded licence would
have been. It's what civilian honours are for, after all.



WHS!


It's an interesting comment on the times in which we currently live, and
perhaps on the training scheme in this country, that an M6 should be
considered for a unique radio-related award because he operated a radio
satisfactorily - and in addition that people be so moved by this to
suggest an unprecedented method of recognition of it.



What are you babbling about?

The operator did a good job. Someone has called for it to be recognised.
The method, in my view, isn't appropriate, but that doesn't detract from
his efforts.

You are, as always, just turning the matter into another opportunity to
have a go at the current system. It must really get up your nose that an FL
holder did such a fine job.

I'm almost tempted to join the campaign to have him awarded a Full Licence,
just to wind you up.

  #19   Report Post  
Old August 26th 17, 03:14 PM posted to free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,uk.radio.amateur
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jan 2015
Posts: 155
Default Campaign to upgrade Mike M6MGE to Full

Spike wrote:

On 25/08/2017 14:20, Brian Morrison wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 08:14:35 +0100
Spike wrote:


A much better idea would have been to nominate him for a civilian
honour, which is far better understood than any upgraded licence would
have been. It's what civilian honours are for, after all.



WHS!


It's an interesting comment on the times in which we currently live, and
perhaps on the training scheme in this country, that an M6 should be
considered for a unique radio-related award because he operated a radio
satisfactorily - and in addition that people be so moved by this to
suggest an unprecedented method of recognition of it.


It's not that easy to do expeditiously, and even some old people might
have made a hash of it. So I agree it is not outstanding, but it was
competently done, and *very* good for the hobby's non-existent public
image.


--

Roger Hayter
  #20   Report Post  
Old August 26th 17, 03:45 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Aug 2013
Posts: 381
Default Campaign to upgrade Mike M6MGE to Full

Roger Hayter wrote:
Spike wrote:

On 25/08/2017 14:20, Brian Morrison wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 08:14:35 +0100
Spike wrote:


A much better idea would have been to nominate him for a civilian
honour, which is far better understood than any upgraded licence would
have been. It's what civilian honours are for, after all.



WHS!


It's an interesting comment on the times in which we currently live, and
perhaps on the training scheme in this country, that an M6 should be
considered for a unique radio-related award because he operated a radio
satisfactorily - and in addition that people be so moved by this to
suggest an unprecedented method of recognition of it.


It's not that easy to do expeditiously, and even some old people might
have made a hash of it. So I agree it is not outstanding, but it was
competently done, and *very* good for the hobby's non-existent public
image.



Exactly.

Spike, as ever, is simply being his bitter and twisted self and trying to
rubbish the efforts of the operator.

Moreover, his comments re planning, epilepsy, and mobile phone coverage are
beyond tasteless and naive.

Plus, of course, if it was reported that (say) a school trip had somehow
limited access to a pupil on the basis he suggests, he would be the first
and loudest to scream.

He is a hypocrite of the first order.

I wonder if there is some kind of award for people like him?

;-)



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McCain is a fraud just like his campaign legalmind[_2_] Homebrew 0 October 21st 08 11:25 PM
FA: Kenwood TM-742A Upgrade Kit!! Upgrade your old TM-x41A Amateur Radio Station W5CIA Swap 0 June 17th 06 11:49 PM
Gov. Praises 'Minuteman' Campaign ( OT) Dan Shortwave 9 May 2nd 05 04:40 AM
Kerry Campaign Aircraft lynn lucas Scanner 18 October 14th 04 12:40 AM
FS: QST 1936 full year 1937 Full year 1938 (miss Dec) Douglas Snowden Swap 0 May 4th 04 03:02 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 RadioBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Radio"

 

Copyright © 2017