Old October 22nd 04, 10:13 AM
Denis O' Flynn

Default Hy-Gain 18AVT/WB-S

Anyone have the dimensions for the 4 top radials for the Hy-Gain 18AVT/WB-S.
I have downloaded the manual but no specs are on it. I assume the
measurements are critical.

Denis EI6HB

ei6hb at eircom.net

Denis -

This specific antennas has been discontinued by MFJ / Hy-Gain. An Adobe
Acrobat version of this manual is available from the Hy-Gain web site.
http://www.hy-gain.com/products.php?prodid=AV-18AVT

http://www.hy-gain.com/man/pdf/AV-18AVT.pdf

Although the original manual did not have the length of the 4 radials below
the 80-meter resonator, I did see that on Page 6 of the Adobe Acrobat
document -- that someone had handwritten in this data:

1/8" solid rod -- 11 1/4 inches length.

Possibly an actual 18AVT owner could confirm this handwritten measurement.

w9gb

Old October 27th 04, 08:20 AM
TT

Denis O' Flynn wrote:

Thanks lads for the help. I will cut abt 35 cm and cut back. Hopefully with
my MFJ-269, I should be able to sort it out.
Agn many thanks

Denis EI6HB.

PS. Those of you that have used it - how did it perform say on 40 & 80M?????

Well, it works great on 40 meters, and not very well on 80 meters.

Antenna tuner Matthew&Wendy Antenna 68 August 10th 04 12:32 PM
Unity Gain? Dan Richardson Antenna 8 June 26th 04 09:15 PM
Ten-tec vee beam Tom Coates Antenna 8 September 21st 03 12:47 AM
Reflection Coefficient Smoke Clears a Bit Dr. Slick Antenna 126 September 10th 03 04:26 PM
Hy Gain TH3 MK3 triband Beam Crazy George Antenna 0 August 26th 03 04:34 AM