Old November 3rd 04, 08:38 AM
Pasquale IW0HEX

Default Looking for TA33 or TA32

Hi
I'm an italian HAM op., Mr Pasquale IW0HEX. I live in Rome.
I'm looking for Mosley TA33-JR (3 elements) or TA32-JR (2 elements)
yagis beam tribands (10,15 and 20 meters)
Anybody can help me ?
Tnx in advance.
73s Pasquale IW0HEX
Old November 4th 04, 03:28 PM
Tam/WB2TT

"Pasquale IW0HEX" wrote in message
om...
Hi
I'm an italian HAM op., Mr Pasquale IW0HEX. I live in Rome.
I'm looking for Mosley TA33-JR (3 elements) or TA32-JR (2 elements)
yagis beam tribands (10,15 and 20 meters)
Anybody can help me ?
Tnx in advance.
73s Pasquale IW0HEX

Pascuale,

I had a TA33JR a few years ago. When I installed a 20 meter dipole as a test
some years later, I found the dipole had more gain than the 33JR on paths
over about 2000 KM. The dipole was about 2 - 3 meters higher. From W2 to
eastern Europe, the difference was consistently over an S unit. From W2 to
Florida they were about even, but the direction of the dipole was not
optimum. I now have a Hygain TH3.

Tam/WB2tt

Old November 5th 04, 04:26 PM
Pasquale IW0HEX

Tnx a lot Tam.
First of all, sorry for my bad english.
I have a little space for my antennas so I'm looking for a little
triband 10,15 and 20 meters. I'm interested to Mosley product,
expecially TA33-JR or TA32-JR. I read on eham.net (www.eham.net) any
reviews about these antennas and everybody are enthusiastic.
I'm interested also to HyGain TH3JR but weights is a little more than
Mosley's.
Any news or ideas is appreciated.
73s Pasquale IW0HEX
Old November 5th 04, 05:15 PM
Tam/WB2TT

"Pasquale IW0HEX" wrote in message
m...
Tnx a lot Tam.
First of all, sorry for my bad english.
I have a little space for my antennas so I'm looking for a little
triband 10,15 and 20 meters. I'm interested to Mosley product,
expecially TA33-JR or TA32-JR. I read on eham.net (www.eham.net) any
reviews about these antennas and everybody are enthusiastic.
I'm interested also to HyGain TH3JR but weights is a little more than
Mosley's.
Any news or ideas is appreciated.
73s Pasquale IW0HEX

My guess is that the 2 element full power beam like the TA32 or TH2 will
outperform the 3 element juniors. The traps on these 3 element beams are
very small, and the element spacing too close. The 2 element will have a
slightly shorter boom, but slightly longer elements. Also, the junior beams
will not withstand much power. I burned out a trap on the TA33JR by
operating with a linear amplifier. The directivity and F/B ratio on the
TA33JR were very poor.

I had the TA33JR for 20 years, and did not start to question its performance
until I started doing comparisons.

Tam/WB2TT

Old November 5th 04, 10:00 PM
Pasquale IW0HEX

Tnx again Tam
And in your opinion, which is better HF triband for my situation ?
I need for a little triband antenna, very light, no great weights...
unlucky, I have no tower for antennas system.
73s Pasquale IW0HEX