Old December 19th 04, 02:30 AM
Kirk Mohror

Default need construction articles for 2M/440 quads

I am looking for construction articles on how to build a 6 element 2 meter
quad antenna and a 440mhz 8 element quad antenna.

Thanks,
Kirk
K7EKM

Old December 19th 04, 02:57 AM
W4JLE

for a 2 meter quad here are some dimensions at 146 MHz

element Total length one side distance up spreader
Reflector 84.658 21.165 14.996
Driven 82.603 20.165 14.602
Dir 1 80.137 20.034 14.166
Dir 2 77.733 19.433 13.741
Dir 3 75.401 18.85 13.329
Dir 4 73.139 18.285 12.929
Dir 5 70.945 17.736 12,541

Distance between elements
REF 1 to Driven 12.13
Driven to dir 1 10.51
dir1 to dir2 12.13
dir2 to dir3 13.75
dir3 to dir4 15.37
dir4 to dir5 20.22

All dimensions in inches.

Old December 19th 04, 03:15 AM
Ralph Mowery

"Kirk Mohror" wrote in message
I am looking for construction articles on how to build a 6 element 2 meter
quad antenna and a 440mhz 8 element quad antenna.

You may want to check the quagi out . The quads are usually more trouble to
build and do not give any advantage once you go over 4 or 5 elements or so
for vhf.

http://commfaculty.fullerton.edu/woverbeck/quagi.htm

I built a 220 mhz version years ago and it seemed to work fine. Lots beter
than the CC 11 element yagi I compaired it with at the same height.

Old December 19th 04, 05:21 AM
Crazy George

That was probably back when CC designed all their antennas for through the boom elements and then built them with the
elements on top, or vice versa, making them wrong by about 10%. Typically had more "gain" off the back than off the
front. Nearly put CC out of business.
--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address