Old July 20th 20, 06:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default [VA3QV] Internet in paradise

My Amateur Radio Life

Internet in paradise

https://va3qv.wordpress.com/2020/07/...t-in-paradise/

Again sorry for the delayed postings but it seems that 1bar of LTE cell
strength is not enough to upload a post with pictures.. I have been
looking at a cell phone signal device that makes sense to the ham in me.

However After suffering two power outages this past week we are thinking
of getting a larger generator for back up power as the 1.5kw one we have
now is not large enough for our current comfort levels.

Other than that everything is going well here. Liz is happy and
comfortable and therefore my life is stress free.

More later once I find a better (stronger) internet source.

On the radio side of things I currently have 2 antennas in the air. We
have our OTA TV antenna up about 20 feet which is giving us Global TV, CBS,
FOX and 4 PBS stations. I also have on the rear of the trailer my Diamond
discone ( 2m and 70cm) antenna at 15 feet which lets me have solid C4FM
communications into Kingston using the VE3FRG repeater. In the near future
I hope to get my S9 43 foot vertical back in the air but I need to
fabricate a mounting bracket that was a bit stronger than the one I was
using. Better to be safe than sorry.

Stay safe.

Safe travels.

73bob