Old August 27th 03, 02:27 AM
Dan Richardson

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 07:59:39 -0500, Bob Miller
wrote:

I'm tuning up a dipole with the 989c, using it for the first time in
several years.

Does maximum inductance occur with the reference counter at 000, and
minimum inductance at 125?

The MFJ manual I downloaded contradicts itself on this point, and I'd
like to get it clear.

Not wanting to be facetious but have you thought to lift up the cover
and take a look?

Danny, K6MHE

Old August 27th 03, 02:35 AM
'Doc

Bob,
The only sure way of telling is to take the lid off of
the tuner. The maximum inductance ~should~ be at the highest
reference number, but don't take that for granted.
'Doc
Old August 27th 03, 05:17 AM
W5DXP

Bob Miller wrote:

I'm tuning up a dipole with the 989c, using it for the first time in
several years.

Does maximum inductance occur with the reference counter at 000, and
minimum inductance at 125?

The MFJ manual I downloaded contradicts itself on this point, and I'd
like to get it clear.

There are two configurations of MFJ-949E. The only way to tell the
difference is pop the lid. Probably the same for the 989c.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old August 27th 03, 05:56 PM
Mark Keith

"John Passaneau" wrote in message ...
It at the lowest inductance if I understand your description. The rolling
tap has shorted out the inductor at that point.

With mine, 000 is the lowest inductance. But mine is an older 989c.
They may vary. Try tuning 10m. If it's tuning near the 000 end, thats
min inductance.
MK