Old September 6th 03, 06:23 PM
Derek

Default HF Beam help

I have just got hold of a TB3 tribander 3ele beam I think it is a mosley but
they do not have any instructions for it I intend to put it up as a 2 ele
can anybody tell me the distance between the driven ele and the reflector
please

--
Derek
G1NRE / M3NRE

Old September 10th 03, 07:12 PM
David L Thompson

Derek,

The TB3 was the number for a Swan/Hornet 3 el beam. Mosley would be TA-33
and Hy-Gain is TH3 (I have a TH3 MK III). If its a Swan/Hornet the boom to
mast and element to boom are all cast magnesium and one solid piece with
holes for the boom and element. The TB series used
equal 8 foot spacing. The TB2 had an 8 foot boom the TB3 a 16 foot boom
and the TB4 (TB4H)
and earlier TB-1000-4 had a 24 foot boom.
73 Dave K4JRB

Old September 10th 03, 08:22 PM
Derek

k.net...

Derek wrote in message
I have just got hold of a TB3 tribander 3ele beam I think it is a mosley

but
they do not have any instructions for it I intend to put it up as a 2

ele
can anybody tell me the distance between the driven ele and the

reflector
please

--
Derek

The beam is not a TB3 as my friend has a TB3 and I have been to check it
today. The one I have got has only two traps on the driven ele one either
side and so has the driven ele and the reflector the reflector is about
8.100 mtrs long the director is 6.200 mtrs long and the driven ele is up in
the air as a dipole so can not measure that also the traps on the driven ele
are larger. His is a Jaybeam TB3 as I have the leaflet on his
Any ideas????
Derek

Old September 10th 03, 08:50 PM
Derek

HF beam Update
The beam is not a TB3 as I was told. a friend of mine has a TB3 and I
have been to check it
today. The one I have got has only two traps on the driven ele one either
side and so has the driven ele and the reflector the reflector is about
8.100 mtrs long the director is 6.200 mtrs long and the driven ele is up in
the air as a dipole so can not measure that also the traps on the driven ele
are larger. His is a Jaybeam TB3 as I have the leaflet on his and that has 4
traps on each element 2 either side

Old September 12th 03, 08:36 PM
Tarmo Tammaru

Sounds like a Mosley. They put the 10 and 15 m traps in the same housing.
Never took one apart, but I suspect the juncture of the two traps is
connected to the metal sleeve that covers the traps. Check out their web
site at
http://www.mosley-electronics.com/amateur.htm
They will give some dimensions there.

Tam/WB2TT
"Derek" wrote in message
news
[...]

Hy Gain TH3 MK3 triband Beam Crazy George Antenna 0 August 26th 03 04:34 AM
small 10 meter beam for satellite RX Bruce Antenna 5 August 7th 03 02:45 AM
Vee Beam info needed W5DXP Antenna 5 August 6th 03 07:39 AM
FS: TA-33 Beam - UPS - $125.00 JS Antenna 0 July 27th 03 11:57 AM
TA-33 Beam question GS Antenna 3 July 26th 03 04:09 PM