Old September 20th 03, 06:57 PM
Cecil Moore

Default Virus/Worm email messages

Is anyone else being deluged with Virus/Worm email messages?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old September 20th 03, 07:23 PM
Steve

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Is anyone else being deluged with Virus/Worm email messages?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Yes, 14 yesterday and 4 so far this morning.

73, Steve
WB6RIB

Old September 20th 03, 07:42 PM
David Robbins

"Steve" wrote in message
m...

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Is anyone else being deluged with Virus/Worm email messages?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Yes, 14 yesterday and 4 so far this morning.

you must not have many friends who have you in their address book... i got
about 1000 overnight last night and about 2500 the day before.

Old September 20th 03, 07:54 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Is anyone else being deluged with Virus/Worm email messages?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Yes over 600 in the last 3 or 4 days.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old September 20th 03, 08:01 PM
Reg Edwards

Is anyone else being deluged with Virus/Worm email messages?
--

================================

Me too - 2000 per day.

Terrorist attack or just another up-and-coming Bill Gates?

G4FGQ, UK

Old September 20th 03, 08:07 PM
David Robbins

"J. McLaughlin" wrote in message
YES. MB worth. So many that E-mail drive was filled on Friday. Just
received five in a five minute period.
Not hard to trap, however they are quite a pain. Have yet to get
ISP to block them.
Good luck. Mac N8TT

my isp is stopping the infected ones, which appears to be most of them.. its
funny though, some get through with an empty attachment. there must be a
bug in the virus that occasionally attaches an empty file instead of itself.

Old September 20th 03, 08:21 PM
Walter Maxwell

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:01:51 +0000 (UTC), "Reg Edwards"
wrote:

Is anyone else being deluged with Virus/Worm email messages?
--

================================

Me too - 2000 per day.

Terrorist attack or just another up-and-coming Bill Gates?

G4FGQ, UK

Me too, 49 yesterday and 80 today.

Walt, W2DU
Old September 20th 03, 08:35 PM
Dee D. Flint

"David Robbins" wrote in message

"J. McLaughlin" wrote in message
YES. MB worth. So many that E-mail drive was filled on Friday. Just
received five in a five minute period.
Not hard to trap, however they are quite a pain. Have yet to get
ISP to block them.
Good luck. Mac N8TT

my isp is stopping the infected ones, which appears to be most of them..

its
funny though, some get through with an empty attachment. there must be a
bug in the virus that occasionally attaches an empty file instead of

itself.

Actually my ISP is blocking the actual virus/worms but then the message
itself gets passed on to me with a statement from the ISP that if I want the
file to contact the sender and arrange another means of getting it.
However, that still is a huge number of emails in my box.

I've tried to trap them but the headers and senders, etc are all different.
If you have a suggestion on how to stop them, please let us all in on it.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old September 20th 03, 08:45 PM
David Robbins

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
. com...

[...]

if you can filter by the text in the body use "September 2003, Cumulative
Patch" that should be unique enough to catch them without taking out other
messages. the isp messages should be easy to filter out, i use the phrases
"virus found in received message" and "problem found in received message" to
send them to the deleted folder.

Old September 20th 03, 09:21 PM
Irv Finkleman

Cecil Moore wrote:

Is anyone else being deluged with Virus/Worm email messages?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

You are not alone! We are not alone! You can learn a bit about
it -- just hit google with 'swen virus' as a search term and look'
at any of the antivirus sites such as Symantec. It may take a while
before this one dies down!
--
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001