Old April 28th 05, 01:57 PM
J. Mc Laughlin

Dear Cecil:
You are correct. A schematic for the 974 and for the 976 may be found
on MFJ's site (at least this morning).
I do not have a clue why I did not find the schematic for the 974 the
last time that I looked.

Here is the link to the manual for the 974: (schematic is on page 8)
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/man/pdf/MFJ-974H.pdf

73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:
"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
J. Mc Laughlin wrote:
The last time that I went to MFJ's WEB
site, I was no longer able to see the tuner's schematic.

The manual, including the schematic, is available as a
.pdf file from MFJ's web site.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old April 28th 05, 06:35 PM
Ed

Thanks for the correction. The last time that I went to MFJ's
WEB
site, I was no longer able to see the tuner's schematic. I should
have made a better record when I was able to see the schematic. One
does not think of that until the manufacturer removes what should be
an important part of their advertising.

If you are referring to the MFJ 974H, I printed out a schematic for
that some months ago. Glad I did, now that it is no longer available on
their web site.

If you really want a copy, I could scan it and email the .jpg file to
you.

Ed K7AAT

Old April 28th 05, 07:48 PM
Butch Magee

Ed wrote:

Thanks for the correction. The last time that I went to MFJ's
WEB
site, I was no longer able to see the tuner's schematic. I should
have made a better record when I was able to see the schematic. One
does not think of that until the manufacturer removes what should be
an important part of their advertising.

If you are referring to the MFJ 974H, I printed out a schematic for
that some months ago. Glad I did, now that it is no longer available on
their web site.

If you really want a copy, I could scan it and email the .jpg file to
you.

Ed K7AAT

I would really like one Ed. Can you just post it here?
Butch KF5DE

Old April 28th 05, 11:46 PM
Richard Clark

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:48:16 -0500, Butch Magee

Why?

Old April 29th 05, 02:46 AM
Ed

I would really like one Ed. Can you just post it here?
Butch KF5DE

Butch, its not necessary, as has been noted in this thread. MFJ DOES
have the schematic available on their site.

Check: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/man/pdf/MFJ-974H.pdf

Its on page 8.

Ed K7AAT
Old April 29th 05, 02:48 AM
Ed

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:48:16 -0500, Butch Magee

Why?

Because there is a French ham reading this group, and he is a part
time "mime". He wants his messages in "mime" format.

Ed

Old April 29th 05, 03:31 AM
W9DMK

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 01:48:12 GMT, Ed
wrote:

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:48:16 -0500, Butch Magee

Why?

Because there is a French ham reading this group, and he is a part
time "mime". He wants his messages in "mime" format.

I think I know him - is his handle "Jambon"?

Bob, W9DMK, Dahlgren, VA
Replace "nobody" with my callsign for e-mail
http://www.qsl.net/w9dmk
http://zaffora/f2o.org/W9DMK/W9dmk.html

Old May 13th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Reg Edwards

Default "Symmetrical double-L matchbox tuner"

I can't understand the aversion to simple, 2-wire, choke baluns
instead of complicated (can be lossy), awkward to adjust, narrow-band,
balanced-to-unbalanced tuners.

Praps it's because it is how a broad-band choke balun works is not
understood. Yet it is childishly simple.

Some people are happy only when tormenting themselves in their hobby
of amateur radio. I suppose the more difficult it is to tune up the
greater the satisfaction to be obtained in accomplishment.

There's no accounting for human idiosyncracies. Everybody please carry
on enjoying yourselves as normal.
----
Reg.