Old April 30th 05, 05:39 PM
John Smith

Well, you missed the whole point--and maybe I am NOT all that gifted at
expressing my thoughts...

Let's reset to reality, I am saying, "Ones 'mental model' is highly
indicative of what they are going to perceive!"

Don't credit me with more complexity than I am capable of, or wanting to put
forward....

Warmest regards,
John

Old April 30th 05, 07:04 PM
John Smith

Errr, notice in the above thread, to my favor, I DID say "jest" and NOT
"gist" !!!

grin

Warmest regards,
John

Old April 30th 05, 08:52 PM
Reg Edwards

That's exactly what I am saying, Reg. Before man, the
universe got along just fine without the existence of
time. Why does the universe need time now that we are
here?
--
73, Cecil

=============================

Well, Cec, my old pal, why didn't you say so in the first place? ;o)
---
Reg.

Old April 30th 05, 09:10 PM
John Smith

Well, I am surprised at you BOTH!!!
You know why!!!
Because it needs an observer(s) to exist properly!!!!
Crud, "God" would not be bothered with the likes of us--if this were NOT
true--that is proof in itself! grin

Warmest regards,
John

Old April 30th 05, 09:52 PM
John Smith

Yes, but, I interpret that as, "There is yet another effect? law? force?
which we don't know about, and we have to reference as a property of time
just to begin a "mental model" of it--since we have not yet comprehended
it..." (perhaps it is "God" rolling over in his sleep? Gawd! I hope "God"
doesn't wake up yet--he is going to be PI$$ED!!!!) grin

Warmest regards,
John

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
| John Smith wrote:
| Yes, we have a precise measurement of that exact moment!!! (when the
Earth

News==----
| http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000
Newsgroups

Old April 30th 05, 10:08 PM
Cecil Moore

John Smith wrote:
But, I am not sure the big bang only left free neutrons and electrons (which
had to form atoms)--I was thinking more "whole atoms" of some type...

You left out protons. There existed a condition after the Big
Bang where everything was too hot to form "whole atoms".
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old April 30th 05, 10:15 PM
John Smith

At this time, I think it is important to interject the following, and
clarify my position:

I value GREATLY the men and women (even the ITs) who have gone before me.

They have laid a good foundation and provided me with tools of which a value
cannot be placed--knowledge is priceless...

And, I would always explain (with my limited abilities) the concepts which
provide a "language" so we can all communicate, effectively, on the subject
of radio and its' affects/effects... I respect the right of "impedance",
"reactance" and such to exist in concept... (even time--although I wish we
thought in terms of "Earth Revolutions" and fractions thereof; even the
concept of cold I can accept grin)

The forefathers of radio are at least as great as those forefathers of our
nation.

I would give all I own to have stood beside such men as Benjamin Franklin,
Nicola Tesla, Faraday, Armstrong, Deforest, etc... I am born too late for
anything so exciting--I only hope the future has such moments left... I
think it does (in fact, I "religiously" believe!)...

So, now those who would denounce me as a "Rebellious Idiot" should be
quieted (well, somewhat)!!! I am NOT rebellious!!!

grin

Warmest regards,
John

Old April 30th 05, 10:17 PM
John Smith

Well, that is beyond my comprehension, that much "space" being "too hot",
never-the-less, you could well be correct...

Regards,
John

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
| John Smith wrote:
| But, I am not sure the big bang only left free neutrons and electrons
(which
| had to form atoms)--I was thinking more "whole atoms" of some type...
|
| You left out protons. There existed a condition after the Big
| Bang where everything was too hot to form "whole atoms".
| --
| 73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

News==----
| http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
Newsgroups
=----

Old May 1st 05, 01:59 AM
Cecil Moore

John Smith wrote:
Well, that is beyond my comprehension, that much "space" being "too hot",
never-the-less, you could well be correct...

There wasn't "that much space" back then. I forget how big
the Big Bang source space was, but it was extremely small
compared to the present universe and therefore extremely hot.
Incidentally, our "laws" of physics don't work until some
time after the Big Bang.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old May 1st 05, 02:13 AM
Mike Coslo

Cecil Moore wrote:

Mike Coslo wrote:

Time is very real to us mortals, Cecil.

So is God (whether He exists in reality or not).
Question is: Did time exist before man?

It is an interesting question. Certainly life forms that presumably do
*not* have consciousness, such as bacteria, have a beginning, a being
and an end. So is time dependent upon a life form possessing sentience?
If a sentient being such as man is not there to invent the concept of
time, do all those constructs that have a beginning and end cease to exist?

A year is
simply movement, once around the sun. I've been
here for about 40 billion miles around the sun. Is
that time or simply distance?

Years are constructs of humanity. It is simply a convenient method of
marking things that *happen*, such as the position of the stars, which
as it turns out , is a manifestation of the period in which the earth
returns to some initial observation point.

No doubt it is similar to our using base 10 math because we happen to
have 10 fingers.

Am I winding down
because of the years or simply, like my '96 pickup,
because of the miles?

Entropy, My dear Cecil, entropy!

More importantly, as the great sage Homer Simpson asked:

"Can God make a burrito so hot that he can't eat it?"

- Mike KB3EIA -