Old April 30th 05, 10:00 PM
Cecil Moore

Richard Clark wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
It is generally accepted that EM waves cannot propagate outside of the universe

must be a continuation of

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:32:22 -0600, Cecil Moore wrote:
The aliens instructed me to deliver this knowledge to earthlings.

Dear Richard, if you have some theory of how EM waves can
exit the universe, please present it.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old April 30th 05, 10:22 PM
John Smith

Well, I know you asked Richard....
But, I think there may be a way if we tear a hole in the "shielding."
Yanno, even if you can get a Klingon Warships'shielding weakened enough, ya
can get a photon torpedo through!!! innocent-look

Regards,
John

News==----
| http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
Newsgroups
=----

Old April 30th 05, 10:43 PM
Tam/WB2TT

Hey, keep up the top posting. I don't need to read the same message 27
times.

Tam/WB2TT

"John Smith" wrote in message
Mike:

Sorry. In another newsgroup, they were giveing me a bad time about "top
posting" (putting my text above the quoted text I am responding to.) So,
shut down the feature all-together... I forgot to turn it back on after
having made the point...

Warmest regards,
John

Old April 30th 05, 11:06 PM
Richard Clark

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 16:00:56 -0500, Cecil Moore
wrote:
Dear Richard, if you have some theory of how EM waves can
exit the universe, please present it.

You related to Slarty Bartfast, Fjord Sculptor 3rd Class of Planetary
Engineering, Magrathea?
Old April 30th 05, 11:24 PM
John Smith

LOL!!! Well, you can't choose your family... grin

Warmest regards,
John

Old May 1st 05, 02:01 AM
Cecil Moore

John Smith wrote:
I think there may be a way if we tear a hole in the "shielding."

Trouble is, we cannot locate the shielding. It's like
trying to get off the Earth by walking around.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old May 1st 05, 02:40 AM
Mike Coslo

Cecil Moore wrote:

Tom Donaly wrote:

You forgot to include "it" in the "he (she)" nomenclature.

How do you think a contraction like "he****"
for he/she/it would go over?

HOWL!!!!

He****?

HOWL! Thanks Cecil, I needed that...

- Mike KB3EIA

Old May 1st 05, 02:43 AM
Mike Coslo

John Smith wrote:

Mike:

Sorry. In another newsgroup, they were giveing me a bad time about "top
posting" (putting my text above the quoted text I am responding to.) So, I
shut down the feature all-together... I forgot to turn it back on after
having made the point...

Warmest regards,
John

Well Top posting isn't my favorite, but now I can see what is happening!

Post away! 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -
Old May 1st 05, 04:13 AM
John Smith

I wanted to respond to this right away--your post... but was quite simply
unable.... (I literally spent time starring out a window!)
Realize that I have nothing but questions about the "end of the universe", I
think it is like that for us all, but, maybe not....
I suspect it to be a sphere, but you have seen the "mobius strip", it at
first looks quite innocently like a two dimensional object, on closer
examination, IT ONLY HAS ONE SIDE!!!!
The universe could very well be like that...
My mind spends a lot of time "out there" when I am slow to sleep....

I imagine most are scarred to speculate--others would probably mock their
efforts....

Any ideas, or models which you can find to build a "mental model" from?

Old May 1st 05, 05:09 AM
John Smith

I have thought of this... don't laugh... but your thoughts are welcomed...

After the big bang, I am assuming (I know, that's bad) that somewhere, just
by the design of "probability laws", that a pulsar was able to form, rather
quickly (few billion years?)--and began emitting...

If so, why have we NOT heard a bounce from the "shielding" (end of the
universe)?

Is it constructed of radio absorbing material?

Does it "go" somewhere else?

Imagining-God-sitting-at-a-receiver-as-the-signals-reach-heaven-thinking,
"noisy little universe and creatures--ain't they?

Regards,
John