Old May 4th 05, 09:35 PM
John Smith

OK. Here is a revision... directional coupler changed, "automatic operation"
added...
(and, the .005 caps would be on the ground side of the 1k resistors, at the
leds' cathodes!!!)

Thoughts?

Warmest regards,
John

Old May 4th 05, 09:40 PM
John Smith

I claim Alzheirmers!!!

OK, here is the link:
http://blake.prohosting.com/mailguy2/JS-Rev2.jpg

Regards,
John

Old May 4th 05, 09:55 PM
John Smith

Well, obivious errors there, such at the 1k gate resistor should be in the
source path, with the gate returned directly to gnd... etc...
But, you get the idea... sketched that TOO quickly...

Regards,
John

Old May 4th 05, 10:10 PM
Richard Clark

On Wed, 4 May 2005 13:40:47 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

I claim Alzheirmers!!!

OK, here is the link:
http://blake.prohosting.com/mailguy2/JS-Rev2.jpg

Hi Brett,

Another Watt soaker (you better use 5W 50 Ohm resistors if you don't
want blisters or burnt LEDs) - that is, if the caps (basically
useless) don't turn off the LEDs. You will need to pour the power to
a matched load to light them up (very poor low end sensitivity from
pretty feeble LEDs).

You could as easily throw away all the resistors and caps (and the
so-called constant current source), or at least replace the resistors
to 1/10 value straight to ground.

I thought you wanted cheap?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old May 4th 05, 10:34 PM
John Smith

Richard:

Your comments are appreciated, can't get to the bench today...
When I do, will keep your suggestions in mind...

Thanks Richard...

Warmest regards,
John

Old May 4th 05, 11:04 PM
John Smith

Well, I won't even mention my supply of mpf-102's--it is limitless... and
those 1/2 inch toroids too...

Old May 5th 05, 12:03 AM
Richard Clark

On Wed, 4 May 2005 15:04:41 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:
Well, I won't even mention my supply of mpf-102's--it is limitless... and
those 1/2 inch toroids too...

A backyard full of coal won't make a diamond.
Old May 5th 05, 12:13 AM
John Smith

Richard:

No. That is correct coal is better, might help a guy keep "getting warm."
grin

And, that current source works, I have used it many times (makes an
excellent test lamp for 5-30V)... will with stand at least 30V+ across drain
and source and maintain ~10ma... when the REV current to its' led drops to
zero, max flows though the FWD--all other cases they must share that 10ma...

Old May 5th 05, 12:17 AM
Cecil Moore

John Smith wrote:
Well, that is how my "meter SWR" which I constructed looks all right--but I
wished to get away having to construct a directional coupler from tubing and
pickup loops...
Only, my (metered) SWR meter uses just ONE pickup loop, I switch terminating
50 ohm resisistor and take-off ends and use the single loop for BOTH "FWD"
and "REF", with a physical switch--my thinking was it would keep the device
more "balanced" using the same pickup...

A toroidal pickup samples the current at one point. Knowing the
current at one point tells you absolutely nothing about SWR.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old May 5th 05, 12:21 AM
John Smith

I am thinking, that is ok, long as there is none reflected...

Regards,
John

News==----
| http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000