Old May 7th 05, 02:43 AM
John Smith

Design should be completed--I expect "automatic operation" from constant
current source....
Sketched and posted for "completeness."
Anyway, will build this tomorrow...
http://blake.prohosting.com/mailguy2/johnsmith.jpg

Thanks all for your critiques and help...

Warmest regards,
John

Old May 7th 05, 02:45 AM
John Smith

.... and, the above post is a joke, since now I have used (stolen?) so much
of anothers plans... frown-but-grin-underneath

John

Old May 7th 05, 02:53 AM
Richard Clark

On Fri, 6 May 2005 18:43:37 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

Anyway, will build this tomorrow...
http://blake.prohosting.com/mailguy2/johnsmith.jpg

How shall I compare thee to a blighted operation?

Let me count the ways:

1. It won't work.

Need I say why? (Hint: review all my other postings that describe
exactly why.) This example is yet another in a long list of
repetition in the vain hope of a different outcome.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old May 7th 05, 03:00 AM
John Smith

Richard:

It is taken from your beloved ARRL!!!! "God" (ARRL) sanctioned the most
part of it!
grin

We'll see...

Warmest regards,
John

Old May 7th 05, 03:05 AM
John Smith

.... all kidding aside--it has to, that 1Mh choke would choke HF Audio freqs!
Has to be a high impedance to the RF freqs I mentioned (will look at a chart
later.)

Yanno Richard, I think I grow fonder of you each day--Monday I am calling
the "clinic" about my three day observation... joking-grin

Old May 7th 05, 03:13 AM
Richard Clark

On Fri, 06 May 2005 18:53:47 -0700, Richard Clark
wrote:

Need I say why?

On deeper inspection, I obviously missed much - there is far more to
kill this application than has been previously attempted.

I guess in that respect it makes insanity a condition akin to the
common head cold, because the design offered compounds error through
new, and novel elaborations of the same problems revealed before.

In some respect, it is like watching machine learning where the robots
thump into the same maze walls trying to find a path. Meanwhile, the
mouse (whose progenitors learned the right hand rule) is nibbling the
cheese.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old May 7th 05, 03:17 AM
Richard Clark

On Fri, 6 May 2005 19:00:59 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

It is taken from your beloved ARRL!

What do you mean mine, kemosabbee?

The resemblance you ascribe has major departures that are your
invention alone. They may qualify for Patent rights as Reggie so
loves to point out, and you may make a fortune by them in this era of
crippled intellectual (sic) property rights. But the fact remains,
what this circuit will demonstrate is so remote from the description
of its purpose as to be suitable for an Oscar.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old May 7th 05, 03:21 AM
Richard Clark

On Fri, 6 May 2005 19:05:27 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

... all kidding aside--it has to, that 1Mh choke would choke HF Audio freqs!

All the kidding is in the choke which guarantees no LED will ever
light. Below KW levels that is (you seem to miss this key clue every
time) and not even then unless the whole rig arcs over.

I wouldn't count on a constant current device then either (another key
clue that is wholly ignored).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old May 7th 05, 05:05 AM
John Smith

OK, Richard:

You have me anxious--I may indeed find what you say, is true, I am hoping
not--but disappointment is a well known companion of mine, I'd miss him if
he were gone...
....tomorrow will be soon enough, after I sleep in--I need it... if there is
something to learn here--I will simply enjoy it all the more!!!

Old May 7th 05, 05:13 PM
Tam/WB2TT

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
John Smith wrote:
Well, If there is a voltage, there is a current (albeit, at times very
small)--the opposite is also true, ohms law is standing proof...

Yes, but the amplitude and phase relationship of current to
voltage can have any possible value and there are an infinite
number of possibilities. In the equation, Z = V/I, you cannot
determine Z unless you know BOTH V and I.

Why can't I measure the standing wave ratio as a ratio of power, ...

You need both voltage and current to determine power. Your design
senses only current.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Cecil is right. Also, the 100K implies 200V to get 2ma of LED current. The
1N914 won't hack that.

Tam/WB2TT

News==----
Newsgroups