Old May 15th 05, 01:05 PM
Ed Price

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 May 2005 08:27:57 +0100, Ian White GM3SEK
wrote:

My lords, ladies and gentlemen, the 2005 "Interflora" Award for Flowery
Phrasing on the Internet goes to... well, who else?

Richard, you may step up and collect - but PLEASE don't make a speech

Hi Ian,

But the credit goes to the attributed author, John Donne (Ask not for
whom the bell tolls - it tolls for thee).

SNIP

So, as protection against the evil eye, you would
repulse "the other" with the sign of your forefinger and little finger
held up from your fist and your fist held between you and "the other."

Whilst chanting "Nyuck...nyuck...nyuck!"

--
Ed
WB6WSN

Old May 15th 05, 04:20 PM
Richard Clark

On Sun, 15 May 2005 05:05:06 -0700, "Ed Price"
wrote:
Whilst chanting "Nyuck...nyuck...nyuck!"

Thank you, Ed :-)
Old May 15th 05, 04:21 PM
Richard Clark

On Sun, 15 May 2005 08:59:29 +0100, Ian White GM3SEK
wrote:

I can still see John Donne's face from the portrait on the panelled
walls of my old college hall. Unfortunately that memory is indelibly
associated with cold toast.

Ian, certainly your own green thumb in that. :-)
Old May 16th 05, 06:22 PM
Jim Kelley

Richard Clark wrote:

On Fri, 13 May 2005 15:59:03 -0700, Richard Clark
wrote:

which I will perhaps expand upon (to the consternation
of those who stand in horror of things Shakespearian) later.

Sigh, what an illiterate group.

"I think thou wast created for men to breath themselves upon thee."
"Thou art as tedious as a tired horse, a railing wife, Worse than a
smoky house."

William Shakespeare

Old May 16th 05, 07:03 PM
Richard Clark

On Mon, 16 May 2005 10:22:22 -0700, Jim Kelley
wrote:

"I think thou wast created for men to breath themselves upon thee."
"Thou art as tedious as a tired horse, a railing wife, Worse than a
smoky house."

Hi Jim,

When you are doing quotations, the first paragraph does not end with a
quote mark, that is reserved for the end of the quotation.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Old May 16th 05, 07:16 PM
Jim Kelley

wrote:

"I think thou wast created for men to breath themselves upon thee."
"Thou art as tedious as a tired horse, a railing wife, Worse than a
smoky house."

Hi Jim,

When you are doing quotations, the first paragraph does not end with a
quote mark, that is reserved for the end of the quotation.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Hi Richard,

The two sentences are actually not parts of the same paragraph. Pardon
me for neglecting the blank line between them.

"How now my sweet creature of Bombast?"

William Shakespeare

Old May 16th 05, 08:17 PM
Richard Clark

On Mon, 16 May 2005 11:16:14 -0700, Jim Kelley
wrote:

"How now my sweet creature of Bombast?"

Hi Jim,

Bombast (unless, as in this sentence) is not capitalized. Or,
perhaps, you have an unique folio edition (which would then demand
that Creature is the correct pairing for the quotation)?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old May 16th 05, 09:54 PM
Jim Kelley

Richard Clark wrote:

Hi Jim,

Bombast (unless, as in this sentence) is not capitalized. Or,
perhaps, you have an unique folio edition (which would then demand
that Creature is the correct pairing for the quotation)?

I've got it!

What is.....one who is unimaginative or who unduly emphasizes minutiae
in the presentation or use of knowledge.

Irritating Affectations for $200 please, Alex. :-)

ac6xg