Old May 23rd 05, 03:58 PM
Caveat Lector

All amateur bands (excluding the 60, 30, 17, and 12-meter bands)
See Field Day Rules URL:
http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2...s-fd-2005.html

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

"Rocky Roads" wrote in message
newbie here 73s

Old May 24th 05, 07:36 AM
Rocky Roads

thank you very much 73

Old May 24th 05, 03:45 PM
Caveat Lector

"Rocky Roads" wrote in message
thank you very much 73

No No No -- it is 73s as you are sending best wishes to all that replied
(;-)

Just kiddin -- it is indeed just 73

But try convincing about half of the 680,000 USA Hams who always use 73s or
seventy thirds.
Just think you could become famous as the 73 person, correcting every QSO,
NG, and forum everywhere.

Incidently you all might want to read where 73 really came from and it has
nothing to do with the Winchester 73 rifle (;-)

See URL:
http://ac6v.com/73.htm#73

Then to really stir the pot -- is it "seven three" or "seventy three" ???
(;-(
Or does anyone care?

Send it in CW and ya can't go wrong (;-)

--··· ···--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Old May 24th 05, 06:31 PM
Reg Edwards

Incidently you all might want to read where 73 really came from and
it has
nothing to do with the Winchester 73 rifle (;-)

================================

Why is it that US citizen's (American) lives all seem to revolve
around GUNS and weapons of one sort and another?

Are you all scared of being attacked? If so, by who?

Old May 24th 05, 06:34 PM
Richard Clark

On Tue, 24 May 2005 17:31:46 +0000 (UTC), "Reg Edwards"
wrote:
Are you all scared of being attacked? If so, by who?

The Normans

Old May 24th 05, 07:26 PM
Reg Edwards

Are you all scared of being attacked? If so, by who?

The Normans

Can't understand what you are worried about. The Normans only had bows
and arrows. Range about 300 yards.

Old May 24th 05, 07:21 PM
Cecil Moore

Reg Edwards wrote:
Are you all scared of being attacked?

Not scared - just possessing health insurance against criminals.

Police do not *prevent* crime. Police only try to catch a criminal
*after* a crime has been committed - sometimes long after. Crime
took a nosedive when Texas adopted the concealed carry permit
which is reciprocal with another dozen states. Someone who is in
a position to know told me that one out of every 10 adult males
in my home county has a concealed carry permit. I can drive from
Arizona to North Carolina while legally carrying a concealed Colt
45. (It would be coast to coast except for the left coast.)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old May 24th 05, 09:55 PM
Dave Holford

Cecil Moore wrote:

Reg Edwards wrote:
Are you all scared of being attacked?

Not scared - just possessing health insurance against criminals.

Police do not *prevent* crime. Police only try to catch a criminal
*after* a crime has been committed - sometimes long after. Crime
took a nosedive when Texas adopted the concealed carry permit
which is reciprocal with another dozen states. Someone who is in
a position to know told me that one out of every 10 adult males
in my home county has a concealed carry permit. I can drive from
Arizona to North Carolina while legally carrying a concealed Colt
45. (It would be coast to coast except for the left coast.)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

You mean if the police dissapear there is no change in the crime rate?

Dave

Old May 24th 05, 11:58 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
Incidently you all might want to read where 73 really came from and

it has
nothing to do with the Winchester 73 rifle (;-)

Why is it that US citizen's (American) lives all seem to revolve
around GUNS and weapons of one sort and another?

Are you all scared of being attacked? If so, by who?

By you Brits of course. You guys did it twice already you know.

Hardy har har.

Dan/W4NTI