Old June 7th 05, 12:18 PM
John

Default No Ground HF mobile antenna

Hi,

Looking for any ideas or info on a 'No Ground' HF antenna to mount on a
motorhome.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

John

Old June 8th 05, 05:30 AM
Hal Rosser

If the motor home isn't rolling down the road, try a quad :-)
If the motor home is rolling - better lower it at the underpasses.
OR one of those little magnetic loops.
-- and I think I recall someone on this group supporting something called a
Fractenna, which sounds "groundless" as well.

. com...

Old June 8th 05, 05:53 AM
Richard Harrison

John wrote:
"Looking for any ideas on a "No Ground" HF antenna to mount in a
motorhome."

John must want an antenna which needs no physical connection to the
earth. Any balanced antenna requires no physical connection to the
earth. Also, many unbalanced antennas have no physical connection to the
earth but use the motorhome as a ground return for the antenna.

How about a screwdriver HF mobile antenna?

A wire suspended above the motorhome can turn it into a loop antenna.
Phil Rand, W1DBM, now an SK, did this to his RV with good results which
were published in QST and one of the ARRL Antenna Compendiums. I don`t
remember which issues.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Old June 8th 05, 05:12 PM
Fred W4JLE

I knew there was some reason I liked you Hal...

"Hal Rosser" wrote in message
. ..
-- and I think I recall someone on this group supporting something called

Fractenna, which sounds "groundless" as well.

Cold Water Pipe Ground? [email protected] Antenna 7 March 13th 05 03:12 PM
FS: Mobile HF Outbacker Antenna Larry Gagnon Swap 0 May 7th 04 04:33 PM
Grounds DJB Shortwave 8 March 11th 04 12:20 PM
Base Antenna Mounting Zeeeeeeee3 CB 110 February 23rd 04 03:55 AM
This product any good? Zombie Wolf Scanner 21 September 21st 03 02:35 AM